IGNORED

Amon Tobin - ISAM

crono3

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

VERY cool... I hadn't seen this interview before. I just saw him on the ISAM 2.0 tour a few days ago and man, it certainly takes ISAM to a WHOLE 'nother level! I wasn't a huge fan of it before, but in the live setting with those amazing cube projections and blasting sound it was pure bliss!

these bass rumblings are massively destructive. those who are bored by this, may simply not fancy minimal, bass-heavy brainmusics?

Or maybe they just prefer music that's more than just fancy sound design that doesn't go anywhere for five minutes. You know, like his other stuff.

these bass rumblings are massively destructive. those who are bored by this, may simply not fancy minimal, bass-heavy brainmusics?

Or maybe they just prefer music that's more than just fancy sound design that doesn't go anywhere for five minutes. You know, like his other stuff.

Yeah, I kinda agree. His new stuff has been very sound design-ish... and hell, it sounds fucking terrific but it's not very interesting to listen to for more than 2 minutes.

i wouldn't even try honestly, it's like trying to argue with a 10 year old about why the original Terminator is a superior film to Transformers 3

• 2 weeks later...

i'm quite harppy with isam aside from 'wooden toy' trac, which i find to be an irritating interruption.

i deeply resent your condescending remark awepittance. the effects of which will lead me into days of deep depression, in which i will undoubtedly be verbally abusive to others and ingest unnecessarily large dosages of proscription drugs. i will then suffer from years of digestive and immune disfunction. thx

i'm quite harppy with isam aside from 'wooden toy' trac, which i find to be an irritating interruption.

i deeply resent your condescending remark awepittance. the effects of which will lead me into days of deep depression, in which i will undoubtedly be verbally abusive to others and ingest unnecessarily large dosages of proscription drugs. i will then suffer from years of digestive and immune disfunction. thx

What about us, Reddy-poo? I thought you loved me...

• 1 year later...

listening to some of tracks of the the album right now. I'm quite liking it but find it poor in low-medium frequencies, which is quite frustrating because the rest of the spectre is pretty well made. I don't have them on this computer but some of the previous albums were already like that, or ?

nah, his previous albums - especially before Foley Room - had a much more earthy sound with more low-end.

this is one of my favourite basslines of all time and one of my favourite Amon tracks (from the same era as Bricolage):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEIIUaCTpjs

Yeah well I was thinking about Foley Room, sure his firsts albums have a warmer color. In the end I think that Bricolage is really the one which has more appeal to me. Permutation is pretty wicked too.

nice track you posted, I didn't know it.

cheers. it's a b-side kinda thing from (IIRC) the Chomp Samba single.

he's got a lot of cool tracks hidden away on singles/EPs. El Chimi from (IIRC) the Slowly single has a really nice horn sample melody. and the Verbal EP has this awesome track he did with Kid Koala which samples (or maybe recreates, I dunno) that classical melody that is also used as the Tetris theme.

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived