IGNORED

High End AD/DA

acidphakist

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No mention of required interface so far..

If you want the very best possible latency (<1ms) and system load performance, you'd be best getting PCIe (desktop) or expresscard (laptop).

DAWBench.com use RME cards for their ultra-low latency benchmarks (down to 32 samples = 0.33ms @ 96Khz)

I'm looking at buying an RME HDSPe Expresscard with a Multiface II. 8 X Analog IO, 1 X Adat IO, spdif and headphone amp. That costs about £860. You could look at the higher-end RME MADI range but I don't think you'll be able to fit that into $2K.

No mention of required interface so far..

If you want the very best possible latency (<1ms) and system load performance, you'd be best getting PCIe (desktop) or expresscard (laptop).

DAWBench.com use RME cards for their ultra-low latency benchmarks (down to 32 samples = 0.33ms @ 96Khz)

I'm looking at buying an RME HDSPe Expresscard with a Multiface II. 8 X Analog IO, 1 X Adat IO, spdif and headphone amp. That costs about £860. You could look at the higher-end RME MADI range but I don't think you'll be able to fit that into $2K.

Thank you for an informative response. It looks like rme is the way ahead for me.

Guest hahathhat

i had the delta 1010 (not LT) for many years. it was a tad noisy, but it got the job done. a capacitor exploded and i fixed it, then a bit later it died for good.

not exactly top shelf, but if that's your budget range it gets my vote. also, i would go with the version with the rack widget to avoid that horrid cable snake !

Archived