IGNORED

Plaid various Liveset DL links

theplaided

Pleasure mate, here are a couple more you might not have seen. The videos are very small and terrible quality.. but, judging by their younger looks and style of tunes these vids are from the 90's and all the tracks were new to my ears. enjoy!

http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/Music/Info/SonyTechno/feature/9710/mov/warp_01.mov

http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/Music/Info/SonyTechno/feature/9710/mov/warp_02.mov

[edit-] seems like explorer has trouble playing these vids on my computer.. works fine with google chrome though :\

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sirch

definitely from the (mid) 90's because they're still using a big computer monitor!

nice find, magdog. never seen these before... or heard the tunes.. sounds a bit like they might be DJ'ing aswell as playing live?

the last track has elements of 1 of their remixes in it, the melody at the end... can't think what the track is called though.

too bad the vid quality is so baaaaaaad ; :(

and yet unconvertable, cause the software i use to tranform them can not recognize thooooozzze, qt files. qt or mov what was it, oh yes those movs. theyre not mov'ing fast enough to be enKoded! so im not abe to upload them.

but thanks for the links, really good find. i sensed youre as nerdy about Plaid as i am. :P

cheers.

err.. i've only just moved on from one of those big monitors, lol :)

you're right though mate it does look and sound mid 90's, not sure if they're mixing records but those tunes sound plaidy sweet ;) and yeah that last track mixing in is one of their remixes.. can't think of the name either tho !

too bad the vid quality is so baaaaaaad ; :(

and yet unconvertable, cause the software i use to tranform them can not recognize thooooozzze, qt files. qt or mov what was it, oh yes those movs. theyre not mov'ing fast enough to be enKoded! so im not abe to upload them.

but thanks for the links, really good find. i sensed youre as nerdy about Plaid as i am. :P

cheers.

i know it's a real shame about the video quality :\

was wondering if you could convert the videos for your page.. keep trying mate i'm sure there's some software out there to do the job.. hope so anyway.

you're senses serve you well my fellow Plaid nerd :) just goes to show there's still things to be found!

cheers.

Guest sirch

err.. i've only just moved on from one of those big monitors, lol :)

you're right though mate it does look and sound mid 90's, not sure if they're mixing records but those tunes sound plaidy sweet ;) and yeah that last track mixing in is one of their remixes.. can't think of the name either tho !

yeah i know people still use them but Plaid haven't used them live for a long long time, innit. :)

..think the last track (the melody bit at the end at least) is this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAC9TtbZeLI

"1996", too, so.. makes sense :)

yeah i know people still use them but Plaid haven't used them live for a long long time, innit. :)

..think the last track (the melody bit at the end at least) is this one:

"1996", too, so.. makes sense :)

i know mate.. i've just taken far to long to upgrade my monitor to a led.. to late though cos my eyes are screwed :blink:

you're right about the last track being relics remix.. cheers.

but i think the videos magdog has linked are from 1995, cause link here http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/Music/Info/SonyTechno/feature/9710/plaid-j.html is in japanese but says '95.

yeah 1995 makes sense. nice one for hacking the url for the html address.. we need to translate this text to see what it says.

Guest fox

95 could very well be right but i'm skeptical. when they supported bjork (which i think was 95) they weren't using laptops, they had some big setup - haven't watched the dvd in a while - so my guess this is more like 96 or 97. they melody on the first on sounds more rest proof era to me as well.

95 could very well be right but i'm skeptical. when they supported bjork (which i think was 95) they weren't using laptops, they had some big setup - haven't watched the dvd in a while - so my guess this is more like 96 or 97. they melody on the first on sounds more rest proof era to me as well.

It does say @'95” on the sony webpage but like you i'm not 100% sure if its 1995, 96 or 97.

Guest sirch

It does say @'95” on the sony webpage but like you i'm not 100% sure if its 1995, 96 or 97.

i don't reckon it's as late as 97. most probably it's 95/96. on the cusp i'd say, to be fair. hehe :)

Just spotted.. and thanks for the props :)

great job mate! looks and sounds loads better!

excellent!! well done theplaided man! (i assume it was you) :)

good work.

Guest sirch

yeah that's a good one that is.

i'm looking forward to reading/hearing some new interviews and maybe some radio mixes 'n stuff like that when Scintilli is finally released!

'cos they're bound to do a bunch, surely...

Came cross this late last night mate. Soundcloud mix including tracks and two part interview with Plaid from June 2010. Talks about Scintilli and other stuff.. Scintilli is going to be well worth the wait!!!

Guest sirch

..interesting interview there, shame it was a bit on the short side, but still good. thanks, magdog, well found! :)

..also, tho.. from what Ed said, i guess we might not see Scintilli this year after all. 'cos it sounds like they're still working on it and hope to have it finished by "the end of the summer", ?? :/

i havent listened to the interview yet,(net is so slow now) but even if Ed says "no Scintilli this year," he must mean 2010, right? cause this mix is from 2010???? :)

good find again magdog, cheers! youre into rares& stuff, so it means the mission to make ae a channel, may also be on your shoulders!! :)

Cheers, i enjoy having a dig around for Plaid material and it's nice sharing with you guys. I'll have to give the interview another listen (was half a sleep when i first heard it) but it sounded very interesting. And yeah, the interview was taken in 2010 so Ed was talking about last year.. hopeyfully Scintilli will be released this year!

I'm well into Autechre mate, heard them play out a few times and they're the best electronic band i've heard live... amazing! "Slip" from Amber still has to be one of my favourite tracks by them. Will help you where i can theplaidedman :)

Guest sirch

i havent listened to the interview yet,(net is so slow now) but even if Ed says "no Scintilli this year," he must mean 2010, right? cause this mix is from 2010???? :)

is it!? i didn't even notice. assumed it was a recent mix/interview from this year! well,.. that's alright then!! :D

i hope they were talking about last summer..

Archived