IGNORED

EPS 1991 - 2002

Adamovich

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have purchased most of these already, but might buy the Cavity Job tracks, since I have shit quality mp3s at the moment (like we all do). But it's, like, Cavity Job? And not that good?

Would totally buy a WAV of We R Are Why were that available. May have to check the BR on my Envane mp3s when I get home, too. Because Envane is perfect.

In response to all the "why?" comments, I'm hoping this is going to be the first of some Ae boxed collections out this year/the next couple of years. I'm surprised they haven't included the SplitRmx and We R Are Why with the EPs, this is what's leading me on to think that a set of archival/"rare" tracks is coming soon? Definitely a disc of all those compilation-only tracks in good quality would be awesome. And I'm sure I don't need to say anything about a live boxed set.

It COULD happen - there was NO news/rumour about this EP collection thing happening.

Goood that's good ! I was like : "shit I need some money to complete my Autechre collection" (only had Envane but wanted all the others as well) and this comes right up ? YEAH !

The design is really...clean. Maybe it would have been better with the original sleeves in it (like somebody said here).

And a live boxset would be awesome as well.

Damnit I'm overexcited.

only need cavity job+accelera 1&2 in my collection

I'm in this boat too, so I'm not sure if I would buy it just for that. I would've liked to have seen the Quadrange stuff in there in a physical format for completeness. Or at least some other additional content so that I can justify to myself (well the Mrs at least) the expense..

Like FutureImage, I'm also hoping this is a precursor to a collection of their various compilation tracks in one handy location. Maybe a collection of their remixes also.

That would keep the boys in NorthFace for another winter or two.

(the keynell ep with Ae remixes is not included)

Forgot about that one. Although it would've cost a packet, it might've been nice maybe to have had a mammoth box set with each EP on its own CD (similar to the B12 Archive series). 4AD did this with the Cocteaus EPs years ago and it was lovely. I definitely want this though in spite of the annoying omissions. My MP3s aren't in the best bit-rate and the CDs themselves have been in storage at another house for a few years now, plus you can't beat a nice big fat box set.

I don't know whether it's kosher to say this on here, but look...

1) It's all digital.

2) It's all re-releases.

So all this stuff is on Soulseek already (and elsewhere). Probably in lossless format if you're patient & look hard enough. And since it doesn't have original album artwork, just these attractive enough but boring sleeves, it's essentially the same deal. So I really, really don't see the appeal. Especially since I reckon this is going to be north of $60 USD. No thanks.

That said, if they had a remix box set, and it was on wax, I'd shell out for it.

Shit though. I really don't like these rehashes. It used to be that every Autechre release was guaranteed to be something fresh, brand new and mindblowing, and now the chances are good that it's remixes or apparently, repackaged old releases.

actually, the more I think about this, the more I think I'm underwhelmed. There are the ommissions discussed above but then I'm also thinking that EPs joined together like this don't flow quite right. My versions of Anvil Vapre and Garbage are the second disk of Tri Repetae++ and I'm pretty sure I've never given Garbage a decent crack of the whip. If I'm wanting to listen to an EP it's because I want a measured dose. For that same reason I've never really thought of EP7 as an EP.

It used to be that every Autechre release was guaranteed to be something fresh, brand new and mindblowing, and now the chances are good that it's remixes or apparently, repackaged old releases.

so completely omitting Oversteps / Move of Ten i guess?

I am quite chuffed. Being an Autechre noob, I only have Envane and MoT (with Tri Repeatae coming in the post), so this gives me a chance to catch up. It'd be nice to have it with individual artwork, and on seperate discs (I really dislike the splitting of EP7 across two discs), but it's still got plenty of value for me.

EDIT: Wait, wtf, I went to add to cart to see how much shipping would be, but my Wifi failed, and I refreshed the page... now it's out of stock? It didn't say it was a limited release :/ Plus I would've expected plenty of time to order before april...

yeah a remix compilation would be excellent. i still haven't heard a lot of ae remixes.

awhile ago elusive uploaded a shit-ton of them. 46 tracks to be exact... i'll send it to you if i can find it.

edit: it's a huge file, don't you aussies have an internet limit or something? :sorcerer::trashbear:

EDIT: Wait, wtf, I went to add to cart to see how much shipping would be, but my Wifi failed, and I refreshed the page... now it's out of stock? It didn't say it was a limited release :/ Plus I would've expected plenty of time to order before april...

Still in stock.

It used to be that every Autechre release was guaranteed to be something fresh, brand new and mindblowing, and now the chances are good that it's remixes or apparently, repackaged old releases.

so completely omitting Oversteps / Move of Ten i guess?

MoT is about 50% remixes of Oversteps as far as I can tell.

yeah a remix compilation would be excellent. i still haven't heard a lot of ae remixes.

awhile ago elusive uploaded a shit-ton of them. 46 tracks to be exact... i'll send it to you if i can find it.

edit: it's a huge file, don't you aussies have an internet limit or something? :sorcerer::trashbear:

that would be great!

we do have limited internet, maybe not as limited as you think though. my monthly quota is 200gb (100 during the day, 100 at night) so send away!

This bothers me mainly because it's clearly trying to appeal to new ae fans, whereas it's a kick in the balls to everyone who's been religiously following them for years now. I hope they drop something new soon though, maybe this is an indication of that?

Archived