IGNORED

EPS 1991 - 2002

Adamovich

Guest mrguy

^^^ In eac there is (or was) an action to "copy tracks index-based" or something like it - I'm at my work computer so I can't see if and where it is.

thanks, that was a good enough hint to google with. cheers

working from this for any others who may be interested.

hmm, when I do it, it comes out as silent :unsure:

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First time hearing Cavity Job!! I loved it!

The only ep that's split in 2 cd's is ep7, and it was released as two separate 12"s (ep7.1 and ep7.2 i think) so theres nothing wrong with it
Never heard AE on vinyl nor do i plan to. To me it fucked up the experience that i know.
didn't hear you complaining that Cavity Job and Accelera 1&2 have been edited

Those aren't the originals?! dang!!

ahhh i didn't see that you hadn't heard those before...yeah there's samples at the beginning of the tracks. dunno what the sample is from at the beginning of Cavity Job, but the sample at the beginning of Accelera 1&2 is from a live Jean Michel Jarre LP (the most amazing site ever viewed by the human eye!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDpFYkDFnXs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGBcl_O2_4c

They left out both vinyl-only Basscamixes. It's just the CD version, but without the Seefeelmx.

apparently not, they switched Seefeelmx for Basscadoublemx, according to Warp and Discogs

CAVITY JOB, BASSCADEP, ANTI EP (Disc 1)

Cavity Job

Accelera 1 & 2

Basscadet (Bcdtmx)

Basscadet (Basscadoublemx)

Basscadet (Tazmx)

Basscadet (Basscadubmx)

Lost

Djarum

Flutter

They left out both vinyl-only Basscamixes. It's just the CD version, but without the Seefeelmx.

apparently not, they switched Seefeelmx for Basscadoublemx, according to Warp and Discogs

Cavity Job

Accelera 1 & 2

Basscadet (Bcdtmx)

Basscadet (Tazmx)

Basscadet (Basscadubmx)

Lost

Djarum

Flutter

Notice a complete lack of Basscadoublemx in the text you pasted? Basscadubmx is there, which is the final track on the CD (also the one CD-only Basscamix). It's four tracks, i.e. the five CD tracks minus Seefeelmx.

You might be confusing Basscadubmx with Basscadoublemx, but they are in fact two separate tracks. The former is CD only and the latter is vinyl only.

Sorry, I just can't stand idiots being wrong.

Cavity Job

Accelera 1 & 2

Basscadet (Bcdtmx)

Basscadet (Tazmx)

Basscadet (Basscadubmx)

Lost

Djarum

Flutter

Notice a complete lack of Basscadoublemx in the text you pasted? Basscadubmx is there, which is the final track on the CD (also the one CD-only Basscamix). It's four tracks, i.e. the five CD tracks minus Seefeelmx.

You might be confusing Basscadubmx with Basscadoublemx, but they are in fact two separate tracks. The former is CD only and the latter is vinyl only.

Sorry, I just can't stand idiots being wrong.

well the info could be wrong but its right up there just before Tazmx or am I nuts? On warp and discogs too, i triple checked, what am i missing here? Sorry to harp on this tiny detail, but I'm not the first one who noticed, that's why I brought it up to see if someone had an idea why, it's not idiotic if i'm trying my best here :)

I think there's a complete lack of you seeing the word 'Basscadoublemx' above where i clearly see it right now in the previous posts, you even bolded it

Nice!

In other news, I have written to Bleep:

Dear Sir / Madam,

As a long time Autechre fan I was interested to see the announcement of their EPs boxed set back in February, and like all other limited Autechre releases I went straight to Bleep and bought a copy, despite owning all the EPs inside from their original releases (apart from Cavity Job). I downloaded the tracks which were kindly thrown in as a bonus, listed as "$0.00" (see receipt below). I was then surprised to find out that the set was available from other retailers, and then really irritated to find out that it was substantially cheaper at every other retailer. Checking around online I discovered that Bleep were refusing to refund full amounts on pre-orders for people who had downloaded tracks, since the $0.00 listed charge had suddenly acquired a value of 18 GBP, despite the fact that it was given as an add-on to the order of physical media, and there was no option to purchase the box without it. Had there been an option I would certainly have taken it, since I owned the original EPs and only used the downloads out of convenience.

To charge "$0.00" for an item and suddenly claim it is worth 18 GBP is clear deception, and I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be illegal. I am far from the only person in the Autechre fan community to feel substantially ripped off by Warp / Bleep's handling of this box set, from its bare-bones quality (not a single bonus or addition beyond the content of the original EPs, bare minimum artwork, etc.) to the frankly misrepresentative way we were induced to buy downloads that many of us did not want.

You could argue that I should have waited and purchased elsewhere, and I certainly will next time thanks, but up until this incident my experiences with Warp / Bleep had been entirely positive and worthwhile. I bought limited editions of the last two Autechre albums as well as a range of other releases because I believe in buying music so that artists can make a living. In this case I feel stupid and let down because my efforts to support the artist were cynically manipulated by Warp and Bleep. In this era of dwindling physical media sales I think that is a very unwise thing to do to your fanbase.

And now, to add insult to injury, nearly three weeks have gone by since the release date and I have not even received the box set I bought - and paid for - in February. This mishandled process has completely undermined my enjoyment of Warp and Bleep's service. Whenever I wanted to buy a Warp artist's album I used to buy it through Bleep in order to support the label and didn't mind paying the slight extra premium, but that is no longer the case.

I would like a refund for the box, and the downloads, WHATEVER they are worth. I will delete the files downloaded, since I own the EPs and can rip them myself. I will also return the physical media if they ever arrive. And I won't be buying anything from Bleep if I have the option to purchase it elsewhere. I'm sorry it turned out this way and I thought you should know why you lost a customer.

Thank you for your order - your transaction has been processed securely by Bleep.com.

Please retain a copy of this email for your records

Bleep.com Order Info :

Order No : *******

Order Date : 2011-02-15 21:04:38

Account Name :

Receipt Date : 2011-02-15 21:04:38

Order Contents :

Artist Title Format Quantity Price

Autechre EPS 1991 - 2002 CD 1 58.24

Autechre EPS 1991 - 2002 WAV 1 0

TOTAL DUE : $58.24

Payment to be debited from : **********

FOR PHYSICAL PRODUCTS:

We have received your order and aim to dispatch within 1-2 working days.

View your other orders by logging into your account online at http://bleep.com/

FOR DIGITAL DOWNLOADS:

If you had any problems downloading your purchase, please login to your account and go to customer services to request a new download link if necessary.

If you need any assistance:

http://bleep.com/index.php?page=dpage&task=help

We at Bleep are committed to high quality music combined with a high quality service, please contact us at:

http://bleep.com/index.php?page=dpage&task=contact

Guest sljiva

Nice!

In other news, I have written to Bleep:

Respect.

In this day and age Bleep should really take care of their customers, and every mail like this will force them to think about what they're doing.

The only ep that's split in 2 cd's is ep7, and it was released as two separate 12"s (ep7.1 and ep7.2 i think) so theres nothing wrong with it

Never heard AE on vinyl nor do i plan to. To me it fucked up the experience that i know.

incomplete without surface noise

• 3 weeks later...

incomplete without surface noise

yeah shit

amber and tri repetae on ever-so-slightly worn vinyl is a like a religious experience or something

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 years later...

This box was very good chance for me to have a complete discography quick and at a low cost. So I'm happy with it. 

It's a shame it misses the We R Are Why ⁄ Are Y Are We EP, and that EP7 is splitted. Because of the latter I purchased a used EP7 too... should arrive in a couple of days. 

Archived