IGNORED

EPS 1991 - 2002

Adamovich

it's a kick in the balls to everyone who's been religiously following them for years now.

I really don't see how. I bought this and i've been an autechre fan for years. When the time I wasn't skint came along the releases were not available anymore. Really not a kick in the balls from where I am standing.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing as I have a very small number of physical copies of Autechre albums and how rare some of these EPs have become, I'm almost certainly buying this. Gonna grab this at the same time as Draft and MoT. Then, until the next full length/new EP comes out, I will only need Chiastic Slide and Untilted to own all the Ae I want physical copies of. And yes. It does suck major balls to split EP7, but oh-the-fuck-well.

EDIT: Wait, wtf, I went to add to cart to see how much shipping would be, but my Wifi failed, and I refreshed the page... now it's out of stock? It didn't say it was a limited release :/ Plus I would've expected plenty of time to order before april...

Still in stock.

Yep. Might've been a temporary glitch (e.g. they accidentally input incorrect stock figures, so the system automatically took it down)...

Imma buy now, as I'm afraid of it going out of stock again :/ Probably a Bleep sales trick :p

Guest ezkerraldean

I say I say, very posh. The album art on some of the EPs is great though, you're missing out on that if ye get this innit

I've never really thought of EP7 as an EP. Sure, it's in the name n' shit, but it's the same length as a lot of their albums.

also where's we r are why are y are we

Seeing as I have a very small number of physical copies of Autechre albums and how rare some of these EPs have become, I'm almost certainly buying this. Gonna grab this at the same time as Draft and MoT. Then, until the next full length/new EP comes out, I will only need Chiastic Slide and Untilted to own all the Ae I want physical copies of. And yes. It does suck major balls to split EP7, but oh-the-fuck-well.

I understand wanting physical copies of the EPs for the album art and authenticity, but these don't have that. What is the benefit of this release over FLAC or APE files of the EPs?

I understand wanting physical copies of the EPs for the album art and authenticity, but these don't have that. What is the benefit of this release over FLAC or APE files of the EPs?

lol APE files

you get the Designers Republic packaging :trashbear:

Guest ezkerraldean

they're really not that rare though. You can get any of them on amazon (UK) second-hand, a lot of them <£5. plus then you get all the excitement of them all coming in the post, you come home and you're like ooooh look at that package I wonder which one it is!!! etc.

lol APE files

Better than WAV files. When I downloaded the last 3 releases I was like, WTF, Warp? Whateva, it's your hosting bill :P

lol APE files

Better than WAV files. When I downloaded the last 3 releases I was like, WTF, Warp? Whateva, it's your hosting bill :P

FLAC is better than APE from the perspective of mindshare

WAV is better than FLAC from the perspective of compatibility with software / portable media players

since there are still some people out there that still don't know how to use FLACs (let along APE files), WAV is a better format since people can download and play right away, without having to resort to converting or downloading VLC to play them straight off.

(and i know it kinda doesn't make sense, since if you're buying the WAV files you're most likely gonna convert them to MP3 or AAC anyways but go figure...)

lol APE files

FLAC is better than APE from the perspective of mindshare

WAV is better than FLAC from the perspective of compatibility with software / portable media players

since there are still some people out there that still don't know how to use FLACs (let along APE files), WAV is a better format since people can download and play right away, without having to resort to converting or downloading VLC to play them straight off.

(and i know it kinda doesn't make sense, since if you're buying the WAV files you're most likely gonna convert them to MP3 or AAC anyways but go figure...)

Having the wavs is awesome for because I use them for DJing with. I can them encode them however I choose to suit whatever other use I have for them.

i already have this shit. what's with re-releasing shit you already released?

i guess i understand though because so many of these are hard to find physical copies.

I really don't think these eps are that rare, I've seen all of these in stores within the last couple months

when i go into a HMV store here (pretty much the only physical music store chain still surviving in the UK) i always make a habit of checking the ae section.

i must say, i have never seen any autechre EPs available for purchase. and only a handful of albums.

so to say that they're rare is not misleading, at least not from what i can see.

yeah, this isn't really for us - it's for the autechre newbs. nothing wrong with that at all. alot of that old stuff is out of print, so...

but can you imagine if they did release a boxset of live recordings? this forum would lose its collective mind.

i don't think they'll ever do it, but one can live in hope.

Guest bitroast

myeah.. this release isn't really for me [for most of us]

I'll only be excited if its part of a series, if they release a set of unreleased, live mixes, and/or remixes.

oh my yes, that packaging + a remixes/live remixes set would be the bomb.

Guest NDDrake

Don't forget that Basscadoublemx is making it's first appearance on CD; it was previously released on the vinyl set for Basscadet.

Why didn't they include 12/4cadetmx though?

I really don't think these eps are that rare, I've seen all of these in stores within the last couple months

when i go into a HMV store here (pretty much the only physical music store chain still surviving in the UK) i always make a habit of checking the ae section.

i must say, i have never seen any autechre EPs available for purchase. and only a handful of albums.

so to say that they're rare is not misleading, at least not from what i can see.

true, but I've never needed to scour through ebay or discogs to find any of these. Sure HMV doesn't have a lot... but I can't find anything I want there anyway.

ok, "rarity" aside. I'm mainly fussed about the art, and the fact that this set could be a much more exhaustive collection

I also expect this was driven more by Warp needing to repress the Ae EPs (as I believe they haven't been pressing the early ones for quite some time now?) than giving the hardcore fans something new. And, as said, it's definitely a good buy for anyone getting into Ae. Chronologically speaking each era is covered (apart from Quadrange and MoT but those obviously didn't need the repress).

I don't really see this set as a rip-off or a kick in the balls or whatever, since it's plain from the off exactly what tracks are on it. It's clearly aimed at anal completists or people new to Ae (of which there seems to be a few on here). I've no idea how rare the EPs are now if at all and I don't care as I've already got them , but to hoover them all up could still be pretty costly if you're doing it individually as well as a bit of a pain in the arse. I just think it's a wasted opportunity not to have produced a more complete record of their EP releases.

And if someone calling themselves Sean Booth on the Warp Facebook page is to be believed (genuine or not I've no idea), We R Are Why was omitted as they wanted to keep it as a mailing list only release, Splitrmx wasn't included as it was a remix EP of tracks by Neu and Bic, and the three missing Basscad remixes were left off as they were third party and the comp flows better without them. Make of that what you will.

true, but I've never needed to scour through ebay or discogs to find any of these. Sure HMV doesn't have a lot... but I can't find anything I want there anyway.

ok, "rarity" aside. I'm mainly fussed about the art, and the fact that this set could be a much more exhaustive collection

yeah but you should know that second hand markets aren't taken into account when a label states that an EP is "rare"

Archived