IGNORED

EPS 1991 - 2002

Adamovich

cash grab it is but I am happy for Rob and Sean to make a million dollars if that lets them make more brilliant forward thinking music.

PLEASE RELEASE A REMIX BOX SET and I will personally give you a million dollars

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it means Autechre get a shed load of more money to finance their next tour, then its all good by me.

yeah i'm personally waiting for the 6 piece live band and ridiculous laser light show, can't wait!!!

If it means Autechre get a shed load of more money to finance their next tour, then its all good by me.

yeah i'm personally waiting for the 6 piece live band and ridiculous laser light show, can't wait!!!

...which will never ever come to australia.

What was that old interview/Warp promo wherein Sean was all "we should do a live video innit" and Rob's like "but that would be shit, you wouldn't see anything"?

They should totally still do that.

What was that old interview/Warp promo wherein Sean was all "we should do a live video innit" and Rob's like "but that would be shit, you wouldn't see anything"?

They should totally still do that.

seeing middle aged men snorting ketamine is not something any of us need to witness.

Guest ezkerraldean

It's ASDA/Great Value Ae :emotawesomepm9:

Compare to name-brand EP's and revel in the savings!

Root Canal

Subwoofcad EP

Contrary EP

Refuse EP

Incus Fog EP

Rind Sessions

Exvane EP

Guppysuite EP

EPSEVUN

Entire Count EP

lol!

OK, I'll be the first to admit it - I bought this. I own everything on it apart from Cavity Job, but I bought it anyway. The reason is that I have a family, like Rob, but I also have a job which pays me every fortnight, whether I've done brilliant work or whether I've just shown up and taken care of stuff that needed doing. These guys are some of the best in the world at what they do, but unfortunately they don't have mass appeal and so it doesn't pay them every fortnight. That's OK if you're 25 and can live flexibly, but if you're in your late 30s/40s and the profit margins of the music business are razor thin, it becomes harder to have a family and pursue your art. I get paid for doing something I enjoy and I would hate to see Ae fold or become a part time hobby because nobody buys albums any more. They've blown my mind regularly for nearly 20 years and I am happy to shell out the equivalent of ten bucks a month to keep them doing it. Anyone who cries "cash grab" needs to come up with a single shred of evidence that Booth and Brown are living some sort of cashed-up lifestyle. From where I sit they are two guys who need to make a living from their art, and I am happy to contribute because I love their art. For a site dedicated to "the music makers" there seems to be a hell of a lot of hostility toward anyone making a life as an artist. I'm aware that many members here don't have the funds to buy something which is pretty non-essential, and of course that's reasonable, but for fuck's sake don't whinge about Autechre wanting to have an income.

That said, I am disappointed that there was nothing at all beyond the standard EPs, I doubt whether they have even been remastered (aside from CJ I would guess). The videos are all at DVD resolution too, so it's the same as the Gantz Graf DVD. I live in hope that there will be a surprise somewhere in the package.

cash grab it is but I am happy for Rob and Sean to make a million dollars if that lets them make more brilliant forward thinking music.

Sorry amni, missed your like-minded comment. You said it a little more succinctly than me.

Guest bitroast

OK, I'll be the first to admit it - I bought this. I own everything on it apart from Cavity Job, but I bought it anyway. The reason is that I have a family, like Rob, but I also have a job which pays me every fortnight, whether I've done brilliant work or whether I've just shown up and taken care of stuff that needed doing. These guys are some of the best in the world at what they do, but unfortunately they don't have mass appeal and so it doesn't pay them every fortnight. That's OK if you're 25 and can live flexibly, but if you're in your late 30s/40s and the profit margins of the music business are razor thin, it becomes harder to have a family and pursue your art. I get paid for doing something I enjoy and I would hate to see Ae fold or become a part time hobby because nobody buys albums any more. They've blown my mind regularly for nearly 20 years and I am happy to shell out the equivalent of ten bucks a month to keep them doing it. Anyone who cries "cash grab" needs to come up with a single shred of evidence that Booth and Brown are living some sort of cashed-up lifestyle. From where I sit they are two guys who need to make a living from their art, and I am happy to contribute because I love their art. For a site dedicated to "the music makers" there seems to be a hell of a lot of hostility toward anyone making a life as an artist. I'm aware that many members here don't have the funds to buy something which is pretty non-essential, and of course that's reasonable, but for fuck's sake don't whinge about Autechre wanting to have an income.

That said, I am disappointed that there was nothing at all beyond the standard EPs, I doubt whether they have even been remastered (aside from CJ I would guess). The videos are all at DVD resolution too, so it's the same as the Gantz Graf DVD. I live in hope that there will be a surprise somewhere in the package.

Charlie_Bucket__Golden_Ticket.jpg

5 sets include a Golden Ticket to Sean and Robs studio.

You've got a good point as far as how much money is invested in their releases relative to the replay value.

But they're pretty fucking lucky to not have day jobs, let alone be making any money off their art. Being that Autechre is their job (one that probably most of us here would consider a dream job), the least they could do is drop a dingleberry or two of new material every few months, a remix or a snippet of a sketch up on soundcloud or, hell, even just some DJ mixes here and there. So many other established artists give away freebies here and there to whet people's appetites. I accepted the masochism that comes with being an Autechre fan a long time ago, but professing some kind of entitlement they have to my cash just for being who they are is where I draw the line.

Frankly, I'm offended by this release.

Very well put! Agreed. Also got the box.

I doubt whether they have even been remastered (aside from CJ I would guess)

Cavity Job hasn't been remastered from what i can tell - all that has happened is the samples that introduce each track have been chopped off (i would assume for copyright reasons).

But they're pretty fucking lucky to not have day jobs, let alone be making any money off their art.

firstly, how do you know that they don't have day jobs?

secondly, i'm very sure that Sean and Rob are not rolling in money.

do not take my comments here as being any way inclined towards supporting or complaining about this release, i am merely stating the obvious.

I think someone should define the level of income "rolling in money" refers to so we can really get to the bottom of this.

i personally think it's none of your (or anyone on here's) business how much money autechre make.

if the people on here who are complaining about "cash grab" actually knew a goddamned thing about the music industry, and the niche market in which autechre operate, they'd understand that profit margins are very tight.

but then again, WATMM is full of people that think they know something when in fact they know fuck all.

I think someone should define the level of income "rolling in money" refers to so we can really get to the bottom of this.

i personally think it's none of your (or anyone on here's) business how much money autechre make.

I was being sarcastic lol

well my comment wasn't just aimed at you though (even though it appears that my sarcasm detection is very poor upon waking up)

well my comment wasn't just aimed at you though (even though it appears that my sarcasm detection is very poor upon waking up)

It's cool, I like to keep it pretty subtle sometimes.

Getting into discussions on whether or not autchre deserves to have rolls of money or whatnot is a bit bonkers. If you are in this thread posting, you probably enjoy their music... considering all the money thats made by people who stuff I don't enjoy, I don't concern myself with judging them based off of frequency of output or pricing and stuff.. it is too complex to know. What I do know is I have no reason to purchase this 91-02 collection and I think warp is losing touch with their base.

Archived