Sign in to follow this  
yekker

Two Lone Swordsmen Thread

i only have virus with shoes but i love it. what should i get next?

get Stay Down

and

Tiny Reminders

you will forever be pleased with these records....

get Radioactive Man - Booby Trap as well...

it one half of Two Lone Swordsmen and incredible!

One of my all time favourite tracks;

Guest fox

Stay Down is one of my fav all time albums. I prefer the Japanese edition with "Gay Spunk" put in the middle of the tracklist.

Remember hearing a load of their tunes but I never followed up on it. Dunno why, theyre class

Tiny Reminders!

Stay Down!

Stay Down is one of my fav all time albums. I prefer the Japanese edition with "Gay Spunk" put in the middle of the tracklist.

great track

Guest ezkerraldean

fucking love them! get all the earlier little albums and EPs and shit.

swimming not skimming

stockwell steppas

virus with shoes

stay down

tiny reminders

i think fifth mission was good but i don't have it anymore

double gone chapel bores me a bit

Guest ezkerraldean

two, three, four, and sometimes three!

two, three, four, and sometimes three!

^ :emotawesomepm9:

HELLLLO!

been a huge fan of tiny reminders, but then came "From the Double Gone Chapel" and thats where two lone swordsmen ended for me.

Just dusted of my CD of Stay Down. FUCK I forgot how good this shit was!

• Like 1

lol so did i just two days ago. amazing album. mainly listened to tiny reminders before.

also didn't know radioactive man was one of the two. his s/t is one of my favourite albums

• Like 1

Stay Down and Tiny Reminders are beast fuck brilliant. Juicy treat for the braindance epicentre of you mind. Lap it up like a coyote that just found a cool water spring deep in the desert. 

I was a little bit disappointed that Two Lone Swordsmen were ignored by the Warp30 NTS broadcast also all their records could do with a remaster/repress by Warp. Yet nothing.

• Like 3

Ive been lucky enough to cross paths with Weatherall several times and i must say he seems to be a very lovely bloke. One of my anecdotes about him involves a young scenester girl who was all over him only to be put in her place with a dry "errr sorry love you're young enough to my daughter" .. another involves his, or Keith's, girlfriend seeking me out and giving me the vinyl of "tiny reminders" for being the most spangled in the club after they played. For me he is the logical successor to Peel both in his eclectic knowledge and down to earth charm. I highly recommend "musics not for everyone" if people haven't heard it, the dapper chap at his best IMO  

Edited by donquixote
  • Like 2

I would also like to bump into him. Definitely the kind of chap I know I would get on with. I watched the extended bbc documentary about the making of Screamadelica, I think probably for the anniversary. His quote on taking ecstasy has always stuck me, something like

’E is a tricky drug, one minute I was drinking Special Brew and listening to Throbbing Gristle, then after discovering ecstasy I was drinking black currant squash and dancing to ........(can’t remember name of gay band)....So I knew I was in very dodgy territory’

Something like that anyway,  the way he says it with a glint in his eye and a cheeky laugh is just brilliant. 

• Like 1

Hell yeah. I was all over Stay Down when it came out, especially "No Red Stopping", I rinsed that track to death. Between 1998 and 2001, they were definitely a force to be reckoned with. Not that the stuff before or after that was bad, but their releases from that period were just quintessential, timeless and influential for their peers in a very special way.

Edited by IDEM