IGNORED

Bitcoin

Guest Funktion

Yeah i can't believe how quick the Economist was to buy it... (it's called "The Economist" ffs...they should have math and currency experts or consultants, right?)

Everyone trying to scoop and not get scooped...like a race to the bottom, profit motive turns journalism into tabloidism

Some were speculating that he was trying to build (read: steal) a reputation in order to secure loans...essentially a white-collar Nigerian prince scam...i mean, who the fuck knows what his motivation is...

Bitcoin .... more like .....Shitcoin, am I right, am I right ?!

*swallows coat on way out, curdles in stomach with drumkit*

The Economist at least shed doubt on the claims. The BBC just outright accepted his claim as fact with what was virtually a footnote saying some members of the Bitcoin community are sceptical. It took them a few days to make the article sound a little more neutral but the damage was done. I'm not convinced at all this guy is Nakamoto.

The Economist at least shed doubt on the claims. The BBC just outright accepted his claim as fact with what was virtually a footnote saying some members of the Bitcoin community are sceptical. It took them a few days to make the article sound a little more neutral but the damage was done. I'm not convinced at all this guy is Nakamoto.

First the economist ran a less-than-skeptical article, then 3 hours later they did their job...

It sounds like the dude doesn't understand 'selfish mining', which was a big red flag to people who DO understand it (i certainly don't)

Bitcoin .... more like .....Shitcoin, am I right, am I right ?!

*swallows coat on way out, curdles in stomach with drumkit*

I think the established name is 'buttcoin'

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

bought me some Stellar Lumen jst before the IBM contract made good kash looks like a stable investment. Seems like the future of making it big in crpyto is wildly investing in dirt cheap alt coins and getting really lucky

apparently Bitcoin will cause death by environmental destruction if it isn’t stopped ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

also Bitcoins today alone gained 50% value, it’s close to 20000$ per coin. :cisfor:

apparently Bitcoin will cause death by environmental destruction if it isn’t stopped ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's true. On top of everything else fucked up, many people still don't understand that Computahs and da Innernet have a exponentially rising energy cost.

The only real solution is to outsource all servers to Antarctica. The caveat: it will melt a giant hole in the ice and finish up the big melt

we actually would fucking deserve it if bitcoin were the thing which in the end be responsible for our vaporization off the surface of this planet. Killed by a massive collectathon craze, Pokémon Go to the max..

Edited by Guest

• 2 years later...

The man who claims he invented the world’s largest cryptocurrency and was ordered by a judge to surrender about $3 billion of his Bitcoin holdings said he may not be able to do so anytime soon.

Wright is a controversial figure, with many in the cryptocurrency community believing he didn’t invent Bitcoin and doesn’t have any extensive holdings. Still, some investors have been concerned that a dump of the coins, supposedly locked in a complicated trust holding about $6 billion, could affect the market.

Judge Reinhart found “clear and convincing evidence” that demonstrates the encrypted trust file doesn’t exist and that Wright’s testimony about it was “intentionally false,” Vel Freedman of Roche Freedman LLP, representing the Kleiman estate, said in an email.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-12-27/bitcoin-alleged-creator-says-his-fortune-may-remain-locked

• 2 months later...

when i filed my taxes this year, there was a part where i had to declare how much money  i had in cryptocurrency. curious how many other people had this question when filing their taxes. i thought the whole point of cryptocurrency is to remain anon and thus, no declare it to any government body

A United States congressman is the latest working to clarify and determine which U.S. regulator is responsible for which digital assets. On March 9, Representative Paul Gosar (R-AZ) introduced the “Crypto-Currency Act of 2020,” a bill that looks to choreograph a wide range of digital assets to answer to the appropriate regulator.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/us-congressman-introduces-crypto-currency-act-of-2020