IGNORED

should Pilip K. Dick books be adapted into film?

Rubin Farr

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a scanner darkly was my favorite of his, until I read VALIS.

A faithful, and artfully done VALIS would be amazing. I have no faith it can be done though.

I enjoyed ASD the movie.

• 2 weeks later...

oooh fuckin hell that looks awful!

and not a good choice for an adaptation, the book is fun for PKD fans but it is the version of VALIS that got rejected by his publishers....

WHAT THE FUCK IS CHARLIE KAUFMAN DOING RIGHT NOW?!?!?!?!

HE SHOULD BE MAKING VALIS!!!!!

Guest hahathhat

He wrote Blade Runner? wow I did not know that.

that's ok. we'll remember it for you wholesale

looks terrible. although the trailer is terribly edited as well, so it could really make it look shittier than it is. probably still extremely shitty though. straight to dvd?

The Adjustment Bureau is yet another example of Hollywood raping the works of PKD...so homogenized and family friendly, I actually enjoyed the chemistry between Emily Blunt and Damon but the film is pretty much nothing like PKD's short story that they based it on (nothing new there)and is just a rip off of MIB, Fringe's observers, and Dark City....no PKD to be found. Was like watching an episode of Quantum Leap, but without the cool/cheesey 80's vibe.

5/10 for Emily Blunt being cute.

The Adjustment Bureau is yet another example of Hollywood raping the works of PKD...so homogenized and family friendly, I actually enjoyed the chemistry between Emily Blunt and Damon but the film is pretty much nothing like PKD's short story that they based it on (nothing new there)and is just a rip off of MIB, Fringe's observers, and Dark City....no PKD to be found. Was like watching an episode of Quantum Leap, but without the cool/cheesey 80's vibe.

5/10 for Emily Blunt being cute.

when i read it had romantic comedy elements, i did a straight WTFFFFFFF?

Every PKD script always ends up in Hollywood as some sort of weird design-by-commitee movie, except perhaps Blade Runner, which kinda ended up like that (read "Future Noir" bitches), but the artisans doing the pushing/pulling were all too fucking good to fuck it up.

Guest Gary C

yeah, it was so tame it hurt....was a total date flick, melodramatic/romantic overdose. Yuck. :sadfrog:

Hm, I was hoping from the promotional material that it was being sold to a different audience, but that it would still have paranoid-sci-fi down there. Of course, I knew it was a fruitless hope.

Archived