IGNORED

Is it just me

sergeantk

Guest ArbitersGround

There is a slight similarity in chord progression. Although I think "Everything You Do Is a Balloon" is more similar to "Kid For Today."

or are Everything You Do Is A Balloon and In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country eerily similar?

Both are amazing, of course :P

they are both similar in that they perfectly typify the boc sound. but in a beautiful place out in the country is more mysterious and peaceful, while everything you do is a balloon is more assertive, and its A and B sections also set it apart, the first informing the last. the A section is dreaming and the B section is waking up.

I remember a musician friend of mine talking about how In a Beautiful Place out in the Country is divided in to loops of six bars or something. Can't remember quite, but he said that was probably one of the reasons for why it's so mysterious. Personally I space out beyond counting after about three bars, so no analysis from my part :)

Guest ArbitersGround

^Isn't it five bars? Which itself is kind of odd for a song in 4/4 as it's not divisible by 2 or 4.

Archived