IGNORED

A Loudness War: Let's Try to Beat Clark

awepittance

As some people here know i'm not the biggest Clark fan on the planet, but I think his album 'Turning Dragon' is very nice and i've grown to appreciate the extreme loudness factor of it. Most cds in my car i can comfortably listen to with my volume knob set to 45 or 50, with Turning Dragon i literally cannot turn it up past 25 or 30 without incurring ear pain. So the point of this thread is to try and 'out-do' Turning Drago in terms of pleasurability (of the mix, not necessarily the music content) and loudness.

Take a small section of something you've made and without actually distorting/overdriving it try to get it to at least the level Turning Dragon is at. Tell us exactly what plugins, programs or filters you used to get it there. That is all

Really? You think Clark does his sound using overdrive/distortion? I find his sound 'full' rather than 'loud', but that's my opinion. Anyway, not participating.

Really? You think Clark does his sound using overdrive/distortion? I find his sound 'full' rather than 'loud', but that's my opinion. Anyway, not participating.

Take a small section of something you've made and without actually distorting/overdriving it try to get it to at least the level Turning Dragon is at

pardon my ignorance, what does he gain by making them so loud? its so annoying when his stuff comes on on shuffle. (from throttle furniture on)

does all music have to be acceptable for shuffle? shit snd or mark fell gotta be shit right, cause hearing their bullshit after some Run DMC aint flying yo!

pardon my ignorance, what does he gain by making them so loud? its so annoying when his stuff comes on on shuffle. (from throttle furniture on)

Shuffle is wrong anyway.

no it doesn't have to be for shuffle. and shuffle is great at work when there are a few people listening and all have different tastes. I was just curious as to what the benefit to being so loud is. sheesh.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived