IGNORED

seems like jega - variance

vamos scorcho

i love geometry and the phlax ep, but i was underwhelmed when i heard variance. the beats sounded thin, melodies seemed to meander, and i thought the vocal samples were overused and kind of annoying. i made that judgement pretty hastily though, i'll probably give it another chance some time.

I"ll take it as possessive.

It's pretty great. Being a Jega fan for all that time, what's most interesting is that Variance took 9 years to come out. Mike P had reserved the ZIQ 024 catalogue number for that album since like the beginning of the label.

its like a mix of all the more well known artists all in one.

That might be the problem right there. I agree that it's bloody well done though.

• 1 year later...

Anyone have the 2004 leak of Variance lying around. I remember quite enjoying one track on it, but can't remember what it was called.

I think it was this, has that classic IDMz sound...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPYZXer62pM

Eitherway I remember liking the leak more than the album that came out years later.

no, but variance always sets my jega cravings straight. i still listen to it quite often and its sounds are keeping nice and crisp. really warm melodies

no comparing with 'geometry', so lovely in every way

edit: 'pitbull' will likely always be my favorite trac, since the first time i had it

Pitbull's my fave too! I always imagine some super slow motion film of a pitbull running towards the camera, muscles shimmering, jowls flopping...

i think the problem with variance is that it was hyped for soooo long, especially by dylan himself. He made some ridiculous quotes about how good it was going to be. And it's good yeah for sure, but it's not even his best work.

It`s a good album this, I like that it`s an album of two halves, the lighter/warmer and then the darker crazier stuff. Prefer the first half though, but overall it`s a good solid album.

Not heard his previous two.

i think the problem with variance is that it was hyped for soooo long, especially by dylan himself. He made some ridiculous quotes about how good it was going to be. And it's good yeah for sure, but it's not even his best work.

i don't think there was anything wrong with the jega prerelease hyper-enthusiasm. i think the quality of variance can comfortably be compared with his previous works, granted the sounds are quite different. i'm not just being contrary, i think jega was right to be so solidly enthusiastic about this release and i'm very pleesed by it.

the length of time we might wait for the next is obviously anyones guess.

no comparing with 'geometry', so lovely in every way

edit: 'pitbull' will likely always be my favorite trac, since the first time i had it

Pitbull's my fave too! I always imagine some super slow motion film of a pitbull running towards the camera, muscles shimmering, jowls flopping...

i pitch it down slightly when i play it. really massive trac

Archived