IGNORED

Good classical violin music?

Guest Fatcaesar

but it's obligatory.
Is it? I don't think it's obligatory at all. Thread said "good" classical violin music not "tell me the one piece of violin music you've heard of".

but it's obligatory.
Is it? I don't think it's obligatory at all. Thread said "good" classical violin music not "tell me the one piece of violin music you've heard of".

Well, I wouldn't have posted it if it weren't good (in my opinion.) This isn't exactly my favorite adaptation of it, but it's a great piece of music to see performed well. I just said it was obligatory because someone was probably going to mention it somewhere along the line.

Guest Fatcaesar

Nice suggestions, but what should i search for if i want to buy or download some albums? i have no clue :S

We're playing the Butterfly Lovers violin concerto on Saturday in my orchestra, which is a really nice piece:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Egmjy8BbME

Other really good concertos include Sibelius (D Minor) and Shostakovich's 1st. The best investment you could make is to buy Sergey Khachatryan's records, incredible stuff:

Archived