IGNORED

Explain Lord of the Rings to me pls

Guest El_Chemso

Should Watmm have a Tolkien fanboy thread? I've been a member of the Slovenian Tolkien society for 13 years now, and could go for a hot debate on what still keeps me going.

Anyone else?

Also Lord of the Rings movies suck Holliwood dick. I'll never, NEVER forgive Jackson and everyonee else that made all the good work put in to the movies go fuck itself with poor cinematography and cheap tricks. Never, ok?

at the very end of the movie. When frodo he's going on the boat, i really thought he was about to kiss sam gamgee and vice-versa. I was horrified.

Also : i think psychedelics are a revelator. Try going to MacDonalds on acid, you'll quickly figure out their food is shit. Same thing happened when i watched LOR on acid. It was fucking horrible.

frodo and sam had a relationship like that in the book as well. they even held hands.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should Watmm have a Tolkien fanboy thread? I've been a member of the Slovenian Tolkien society for 13 years now, and could go for a hot debate on what still keeps me going.

Anyone else?

Also Lord of the Rings movies suck Holliwood dick. I'll never, NEVER forgive Jackson and everyonee else that made all the good work put in to the movies go fuck itself with poor cinematography and cheap tricks. Never, ok?

at the very end of the movie. When frodo he's going on the boat, i really thought he was about to kiss sam gamgee and vice-versa. I was horrified.

Also : i think psychedelics are a revelator. Try going to MacDonalds on acid, you'll quickly figure out their food is shit. Same thing happened when i watched LOR on acid. It was fucking horrible.

frodo and sam had a relationship like that in the book as well. they even held hands.

So? I'd hold hands with my best friends if I or them needed to.

Guest Mirezzi

A piece of shit by any other name, whether you get it or not, is still a piece of shit.

you have a problem with the books as well????

Yep...Tolkien was a dried up boring cunt.

Anyone else?

I watched Akira Kurosawa's Dreams on acid and loved every minute of it. Movies on acid is fun as fuck.

Guest Ricky Downtown

Anyone else?

I watched Akira Kurosawa's Dreams on acid and loved every minute of it. Movies on acid is fun as fuck.

i have no patience for movies on acid, they take forever. my mind tripping sounds like: "did i have that last cigarette 10 minutes ago, or was that an hour? fuck it i'm having a cigarette"

Guest Babar

Anyone else?

So? I'd hold hands with my best friends if I or them needed to.

I wached "I love you Philip Morris", and well of course there is the shock of the first scene where carrey does a guy from behind, (fucking great acting by the way) but you get over it pretty soon in the film, and gay-carrey gay-kissing gay-mcgregor becomes perfectly natural. In LOTR, sam and frodo seem to be in a master/servant ; protagonist/adjuvant relation then suddenly, after 6 hours of adventures they … what ? … ARE THEY GONNA KISS ? that was quite a shock, like a rampant insidious schock - it's like falling from a bike, everything seems to get slower and slower, you don't really believe it, you just observe, and observe yourself observing the fact that's you're slipping into a dangerous -almost unreal- situation, conscious that you can't do much about it. Finally nothing happens (i think they hug or something). I tried to find the specific extract but found nothing. Did i overreact/imaginate it, building my fears on top of my yet-to-be-introspected gay nature ?

God. What i wrote.

Guest El_Chemso

So finished the lot last night.

All well and good.

But, is Aragon now the king of all men where as before there were a few kingdoms?

Why do the elves leave? And why does Gandelf etc have to go? (something to do with ever lasting life from touching the ring)

Is the book that Bilbo writes meant to be the Hobbit? If so what book does Sam write?

Why do the elves leave? And why does Gandelf etc have to go? (something to do with ever lasting life from touching the ring)

explained in the silmarillion

Guest theSun

But, is Aragon now the king of all men where as before there were a few kingdoms?

Is the book that Bilbo writes meant to be the Hobbit? If so what book does Sam write?

he's the king of gondor, rohan and the surrounding little places. basically all the land of his granddads

the elves time is ended, and they're letting men run the middle earth show while they chill on their magic island forever.

bilbo writes the hobbit. sam probably keeps writing, not sure what.

wikipedia has a ton of lotr lore fyi

and gandalf (saruman too) is as oldolder than middle earth - the wizards are kinda a separate race even older than the elves.

Edited by kaini

he's the king of gondor, rohan and the surrounding little places. basically all the land of his granddads

the elves time is ended, and they're letting men run the middle earth show while they chill on their magic island forever.

bilbo writes the hobbit. sam probably keeps writing, not sure what.

wikipedia has a ton of lotr lore fyi

elves suicide pact, boats explode 20 degrees out to sea. Or they are jews moving to isreal. leaving the celts to their lands.

Guest theSun

thing that's different about the book/movie:

in the book, gandalf stalks the balruc down the longest staircase in the world or something. it goes from the lowest point (where they started) up to the tallest mountain (where gandalf smote that MFer). then after all that he basically died but was presumably "sent back" by the tolkien-gods the valar. gandalf says something about it seeming like an eternity that he spent fighting the demon, so there's some definite time fuckery going on.

basically he doesn't remember much about being gandalf the grey cause it seemed like so long ago to him.

I started reading the books and I love the theme that plays when they show the evil orks and Saruman. that is all.