IGNORED

I just "got" Ultravisitor

springymajig

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest fondles the cat

if this album was a woman i would spend every waking moment looking through her facebook pictures. when i die circlewave will be playing at my funeral and everyone will cry

I need more squarepusher. None of this sloppy numbers lucent or d'demonstrator(wtf is this shit seriously tom?). I want more of his locked in a cave working on tracks every day for 2 years sort of stuff. Fuck my ears need it desperately, or new aphex album, or a new autechre album that actually sounds like autechre. Any of these things.

his best is Big Loada and Feed me weird things... anything else... :facepalm:

You're allowed to be wrong. Nothing to be ashamed of.

• 2 weeks later...

The last album I loved! 50 Cycles, oh yeah. Also Steinbolt.

Directly following FMWT, Big Loada and Go Plastic.

Alltime Fav: Windscale 2. It's a perfect track just like RDJs Hangable Auto Bulb.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting to hear everyone's opinions on this one - I was just listening to this again the other days after a few years hiatus. Was feeling low and just wanted something totally outside my normal, mundane, monkey suit, worklife existence - something that people coming 'round to my desk would back up slowly from the insanity leaking out of my headphones.

Anyway, taken a long time and some space to appreciate, particularly because a lot of tracks "wander" more than I want them to, though I totally respect that everything here is done for a reason. Saw him on this tour, btw, and a lot of the "noodling" bits make a lot more sense if one takes this is as an amalgam of live performance/studio fuckery/etc.

However, this is probably the last :squarepusher_logo: album I have enjoyed - everything up to this point seems like a great creative arc, with evolutions along the way in each album. Everything afterwards seems like re-hashed self-indulgence. It's just gotten worse in my not so humble opinion - D'DMonstrator (or whatever) just sounds like fucking shit. Some bit of twaddle a couple of kids with a decent soundsystem and equipment cooked up in their garage after huffing paint fumes, mixed disastrously by an inept monkey.

Oh, and don't really get the Drukqs comparison here - seem like totally different beasts excepting the fact they both have quasiclassical single instrument pieces.

Interesting to hear everyone's opinions on this one - I was just listening to this again the other days after a few years hiatus. Was feeling low and just wanted something totally outside my normal, mundane, monkey suit, worklife existence - something that people coming 'round to my desk would back up slowly from the insanity leaking out of my headphones.

Anyway, taken a long time and some space to appreciate, particularly because a lot of tracks "wander" more than I want them to, though I totally respect that everything here is done for a reason. Saw him on this tour, btw, and a lot of the "noodling" bits make a lot more sense if one takes this is as an amalgam of live performance/studio fuckery/etc.

However, this is probably the last :squarepusher_logo: album I have enjoyed - everything up to this point seems like a great creative arc, with evolutions along the way in each album. Everything afterwards seems like re-hashed self-indulgence. It's just gotten worse in my not so humble opinion - D'DMonstrator (or whatever) just sounds like fucking shit. Some bit of twaddle a couple of kids with a decent soundsystem and equipment cooked up in their garage after huffing paint fumes, mixed disastrously by an inept monkey.

Oh, and don't really get the Drukqs comparison here - seem like totally different beasts excepting the fact they both have quasiclassical single instrument pieces.

I agree with almost everything you have said here. Although lately ultravisitor has become less noodly the more I listen to it. It seems really deep and deliberate after I have begun to listen to it lately. d-demonstrator fucking blows. just a souvenior is pretty cool though, so is hello, just not as cool as ultravisitor or go plastic.

It's just gotten worse in my not so humble opinion - D'DMonstrator (or whatever) just sounds like fucking shit. Some bit of twaddle a couple of kids with a decent soundsystem and equipment cooked up in their garage after huffing paint fumes, mixed disastrously by an inept monkey.

Lol. I wish you wrote for Pitchfork mate.

Finally got Go Plastic... it's slowly growing on me. It's weird, cos Ultravisitor is so drawn out and long, Go Plastic seems almost unfinished and abrupt to me, it's taking me a while to get into the flow of the album.

Of course I Wish You Could Talk is an instant winner... to me it's the Beep Street of the album. But all the nutty glitchy stuff is cool too :)

It's just gotten worse in my not so humble opinion - D'DMonstrator (or whatever) just sounds like fucking shit. Some bit of twaddle a couple of kids with a decent soundsystem and equipment cooked up in their garage after huffing paint fumes, mixed disastrously by an inept monkey.

Lol. I wish you wrote for Pitchfork mate.

:beer::emotawesomepm9:

@Springymajig - Go Plastic is a total win of an album - give it some time - if you started w/Ultravisitor first can totally see why it'd seem somewhat abrupt, but think you'll find that over time it starts to gel in your mind as a carefully crafted masterpiece.

@Springymajig - Go Plastic is a total win of an album - give it some time - if you started w/Ultravisitor first can totally see why it'd seem somewhat abrupt, but think you'll find that over time it starts to gel in your mind as a carefully crafted masterpiece.

Yeah I'm being really patient with it although it's already something I can't stop listening to :P I'm starting to love each track one at a time, like peeling away layers. First listen I liked I Wish You Could Talk and Tommib and Exploding Psychology, then Red Hot Car opened up to me, then Boneville Occident, Plaistow Flex Out made perfect sense walking around the city late at night... Go! Spastic is sounding pretty sweet to me too. So gradually it's all making sense, which is quite exciting for me :)

Yeah I'm being really patient with it although it's already something I can't stop listening to :P I'm starting to love each track one at a time, like peeling away layers. First listen I liked I Wish You Could Talk and Tommib and Exploding Psychology, then Red Hot Car opened up to me, then Boneville Occident, Plaistow Flex Out made perfect sense walking around the city late at night... Go! Spastic is sounding pretty sweet to me too. So gradually it's all making sense, which is quite exciting for me :)

listen to it high. actually, get high, put on my fucking sound, and crank it. :spiteful:

listen to it high. actually, get high, put on my fucking sound, and crank it. :spiteful:

...thanks but I don't do drugs. I don't drink either... so I guess maybe... the closest thing I could get to high is to just not sleep for a week and then listen to it?

...is it worth it? :P

Funny how Go Plastic is very, very far from the traditional music to listen to when baked, but this is when the album really comes together for me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived