PLANESCAPE: TORMENT

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have to second (or third?) dragon age: origins as well.

If you're looking for dark and psychological, surreal, puzzle-based but not overly scary, I'd have to put in a word for The Void which came out a couple years ago. (It's on steam).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ-FvuzPrgk

Guest Fishtank

Amnesia: the Dark Descent is a must play especially you like puzzle/fps!

Chime is one of the best puzzle games I've played and you 'make' music in the process

Magicka is really good

Dead Space is my new favorite 3rd person shooter

I second Grim Fandango, although it isn't really recentish at all. Is Limbo out for PC? I love that game.

Guest disparaissant

Psychonaughts if no one has recommended it yet.

Weirdest and most fun.

yeah for sure! top notch game. weird and cute and awesome. MEAT CIRCUS.

Prey? Really? I mean, it's not bad and it has some cool elements but it's definitely nothing to write home about. It's like Trademark Ribbons of Gold in that way.

:emotawesomepm9:

MONKEY ISLAND AND THE KING'S QUEST GAMES WERE AWESOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME!!! Love that style of gameplay. I really really want to bring that back somehow.

Hell yes! Also Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura

I'm still waiting for the follow up to Mega Man 64...that game was so awesome. I love those kinds of games. Great story, lots to do, good action, horrible (but awesome) Japanese humor.

The Playstation version (Mega Man Legends) has a sequel.

Myst

Riven

Exile

(Uru was released between these two)

Revelation

End Of Ages

I own all of them and love the profusely. Uru was disappointing and End of Ages is a fucking joke IMO. Riven is pure fucking magic though. I love it sooooo much (Can't you tell from my moniker?). It's the only one with randomly changing puzzle solutions too, so if you play it again you have to play it all the way.

Ooh ooh, play "Machinarium" you'll like that one. Short but sweet adventure game, point n' click style.

Yes, and play through the Samorost 1 & 2. Here are the links.

Samorost 1 This one is Free!

Samorost 2 This one is only $5!

Oh yea, they're related because the same people made the 3 games.

So...I went ahead and purchased the orange box. I'm still not quite done with Doom 3, I keep getting so bored I turn it off for a while, but I've gotta finish it just to be done with it.

ANYWAY, I um, wanted to check out Half Life 2, but couldn't resist going ahead and trying out Team Fortress 2 for the first time. I realize at like 3 AM that I have to be up in 2.5 hours for work and have just spent the last 6 or so hours playing TF2. Good god why. I'm already thinking about it all day now. I'm good too, since I played the original so much. I was on a good team and kicking ass, and some mod i guess switched me to the crappy noobier team to "balance out" play. wtf.

So I'm covered on FPS games, I guess there's nothing out there like American McGee's Alice, but the good news is, there's a follow up to it coming out this year (hopefully). Pretty pumped for that. I still want to find some puzzle/point and click/a good rpg game. Checking out all the suggestions for far, they are much appreciated. :sup:

Any wattemers out there playing TF2 that wanna get together? I want to say there was a thread about it *looks at search box*

Ooh ooh, play "Machinarium" you'll like that one. Short but sweet adventure game, point n' click style.

Yes, and play through the Samorost 1 & 2. Here are the links.

Samorost 1 This one is Free!

Samorost 2 This one is only $5!

Oh yea, they're related because the same people made the 3 games.

awesomeness, gonna check these out 2nite.

Any wattemers out there playing TF2 that wanna get together? I want to say there was a thread about it *looks at search box*

i'm a regular on TF2

add me on steam if you like

Guest drukqs

The Neverhood [1996]

neverhood9by5.jpg

This game is nothing short of a masterpiece. By no means fast-paced, The Neverhood is a point-and-click puzzle game produced by Dreamworks and created by a man named Doug TenNapel. Doug is responsible for Earthworm Jim and the Nickelodeon TV show Catscratch. Neverhood was first spawned when TenNapel was working on an art series for an exhibition. He called the series "A beautiful day in the neverhood". Although the pictures didn't much resemble what we now know as The Neverhood, it served as an inspiration for the game itself.

The game is packed with funny characters, accompanied by crazy jazz music, and inhabited by immensely creative & colorful clay environments. The world of Neverhood is filled with strange little oddities and puzzles that will have you irking for quite some time. This is not a game that you will complete in a day (unless you cheat, of course. please don't, it ruins the game). You will most likely have to keep coming back to it after a few day-long breaks. A good way to get un-stuck is to completely exhaust every interactive resource that you've come across in the game. This is definitely a puzzle game where you need to have a notepad by your side. Make a checklist of things you've interacted with, if you have to.

Either way, it's a great game with an extremely well-told yet simple storyline. It's a notable independent game with no pretentiousness attached. I would recommend it to anyone of all ages, even people who haven't played a puzzle game before. Everyone I know who has played it fell in love with it.

Galerians_Coverart.png

&

Galerians_-_Ash_Coverart.png

I've never met any other fans of them, but I really liked them. Just a cool concept and good atmosphere, even if there are some clunky elements here and there. I'd say that the first has a better feel and story while the second has better gameplay (and graphics obviously). Also of note: I hate horror games. This one isn't really one.

i'm a regular on TF2

I'd love to. I need a break from Minecraft. Add me.

The Neverhood [1996]

Haven't heard of this one, I'll give it a go.

Edit: Jeez, looks like I'll be pirating it. Not spending $40-$90 on a '96 PC game.

Guest drukqs

The Neverhood [1996]

Haven't heard of this one, I'll give it a go.

Edit: Jeez, looks like I'll be pirating it. Not spending $40-$90 on a '96 PC game.

Yeah, just pirate it. I lost my copy a while back, so I did the same.

The Neverhood [1996]

neverhood9by5.jpg

This game is nothing short of a masterpiece. By no means fast-paced, The Neverhood is a point-and-click puzzle game produced by Dreamworks and created by a man named Doug TenNapel. Doug is responsible for Earthworm Jim and the Nickelodeon TV show Catscratch. Neverhood was first spawned when TenNapel was working on an art series for an exhibition. He called the series "A beautiful day in the neverhood". Although the pictures didn't much resemble what we now know as The Neverhood, it served as an inspiration for the game itself.

The game is packed with funny characters, accompanied by crazy jazz music, and inhabited by immensely creative & colorful clay environments. The world of Neverhood is filled with strange little oddities and puzzles that will have you irking for quite some time. This is not a game that you will complete in a day (unless you cheat, of course. please don't, it ruins the game). You will most likely have to keep coming back to it after a few day-long breaks. A good way to get un-stuck is to completely exhaust every interactive resource that you've come across in the game. This is definitely a puzzle game where you need to have a notepad by your side. Make a checklist of things you've interacted with, if you have to.

Either way, it's a great game with an extremely well-told yet simple storyline. It's a notable independent game with no pretentiousness attached. I would recommend it to anyone of all ages, even people who haven't played a puzzle game before. Everyone I know who has played it fell in love with it.

can you send it to me? :shuriken:

i'm a regular on TF2

I'm gonna add both of you. Or both of you could add me, either way. My steam name is Thug Lyfe.

i'm a regular on TF2

I'm gonna add both of you. Or both of you could add me, either way. My steam name is Thug Lyfe.

there's 13 hits for the string "Thug Lyfe" on steam community, and now distinguishing factor that says it's you :(

pretty sure i'm the only oscillik on there

I'm "katiek" on steam.

I'm also not as good as I originally thought. Aiming and killing people is a LOT more precise than the original TF. It's still fun though. I keep coming across games that are defense (red) or offense (blue), I much prefer capture the flag where both teams are trying to win, the idea of defending bores me, and the other team gets to set up so many defenses and sentry's it's not very fun just trying to blow up machines.

Archived