7. "Otherman"

8. "Love Is the Drug" [ft. Cha Cha]

9. "Black Sun (Partial Eclipse Mix)"

10. "Neon Red Sign" [ft. Cha Cha]

11. "Am I"

12. "Kryon" [ft. Flying Lotus]

Kode9

• 4 weeks later...

This is out tomorrow. Any body heard great things about it? Seems to of gone a bit quiet...

I heard some bits from this when he was on Benji B's show. It sounded good to me. I'm going to have to pick this up at some point.

Guest Coalbucket PI

I find kode9's music immensely boring and I can't think of a more irritating vocalist than the Spaceape

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

yeah sounds good

one track i recongised from a mix that id didnt know was a kode9 trk

Didn't blow me away but it was quite enjoyable. I like the Cha Cha parts more than I expected, and "Hole In The Sky" was a delightfully strange track.

I'm not sure how I feel about this one yet, it's a different feel than Memories of the Future... I can't say I'm as immediately drawn to it as I was to the previous one

• 9 months later...

I didn't bother with it in the end. It's one of those albums where you get that feeling you won't like without even hearing a single track. Though I have been proved to be spectacularly wrong with these hunches in the past though :dry:

I bought this randomly when out record shopping. Its ok but certainly not up to what I was expecting. I quite like Spaceape as a guest vocalist to maybe a couple of tracks but im not sure that it works for a full album. Instrumental versions would have been nice too....

The beats are good. The re-edit or whatever of "Black Sun" is great. And the artwork and packaging are fabulous as has been said. I just can't stand Spaceape for some reason. I really want to tolerate him so I can enjoy the albums he's on, but it's no good.

• 9 months later...

It's too bad Kode9, LV, Kevin Martin (King Midas Sound, The Bug), and whoever else, feel the need to use shitty singers and MCs. No one really wants to hear The Space, Roger Robinson, Okmalumkoolkat, etc. Keep it instrumental, or get someone that can actually sing well, and sing in a way that's appropriate for the music. They're comprising the quality of their art.

edit:there a vid as well, sounds kinda interesting

Sounds like shit.

well listened to the e.p and it was kinda intertesting but cant cant see my self really listening to it again! I dont mind sapce ape though on certain tracks, i really liked the fuckaz one he did with the bug and although i dont listen to it much when am in the mood i do enjoy the 1st Kode 9 album but cant normaly listen to it all in 1 go without getting bored. Never bothered with this Black sun 1.

Archived