IGNORED

Portal 2

ghOsty

Just finished (off work early due to weather).

Fantastic game. I'm a potato. I really loved the Salt Mine portion of the game, it was a LOT like playing Half Life 2 with a portal gun (and no enemies of course). Some huge jumps too, those were fun. I'm ready for Portal 3 and Half Life 3 now plz.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic game. I'm a potato. I really loved the Salt Mine portion of the game, it was a LOT like playing Half Life 2 with a portal gun (and no enemies of course). Some huge jumps too, those were fun. I'm ready for Portal 3 and Half Life 3 now plz.

really doubt Portal 3 will happen - the story is pretty much finished now. and we can't have Half-Life 3 until Half-Life 2: Episode 3 has been released

my_neighborhood.jpg

lol i get this all the time, assuming i can portal myself all over the natural world.

i've been playing co-op on my friend's ps3. this game is amazing. gives me another reason to save up for a new gaming pc!

Do I need a super computer to run this game adequately? I don't need to have all the bells and whistles, just so it looks nice. I've got a Athlon II x3, 4gb RAM and GFX460.

if by gfx460 you mean nvidia gtx460 you will be able to run it with all the bells and whistles.

Yeah, GTX460. Sweet, will get this at some point, maybe if Steam has a good deal on it.

really doubt Portal 3 will happen - the story is pretty much finished now. and we can't have Half-Life 3 until Half-Life 2: Episode 3 has been released

you dont know that episode 3 is even coming. theyve made it unclear in portal 2 interviews whether they were working on that or half life 3. i am putting my money on half life 3. why would they do an episode now? its been so long, the window for that is closed.

Valve has also said Portal 2 might be their last single-player game, instead focusing on online-only multiplayer experiences.

There is portal DLC coming next month I think (or very soon)...

The good thing is Valve seems to be ramping up their production, as they are bringing out Hydrophobia for PS3 (was a PC/360 only game), with extras. Anyone play it? Is it any good?

Don't mean to derail this thread from Portal 2...

That would be a real shame if they stopped making single player games. Not too many games have a story mode of this caliber any more, Valve and Rockstar are really the only two companies I still buy games from. Haven't tried the co-op mode yet but I'm really enjoying the single player mode.

As for the game itself, I'm just shy of the end right now and it's fantastic. Lots of humor as always, a clever story, and the puzzles are challenging without being frustrating.

The only part that annoyed me a bit was the underground part when there were no puzzles. The design in these parts is gorgeous and it is reminiscent of HL2 as someone said earlier. But it's easy to retread the same ground for a while looking for a usable surface that you can only spot from one angle in just the right spot.

The good thing is Valve seems to be ramping up their production, as they are bringing out Hydrophobia for PS3 (was a PC/360 only game), with extras. Anyone play it? Is it any good?

Hydrophobia isn't a Valve game, reception was average to poor.

It's hard to say whether they've ramped up production again. Nothing is known about the current active projects.

just finished it. love how the game makes you feel like a genius at times, but something about the pace of it didn't sit right with me, maybe cus i played it all in two sittings. or maybe im just sad it's over hah.

Valve has also said Portal 2 might be their last single-player game, instead focusing on online-only multiplayer experiences.

If that's true, i'm done with video games forever.

There is portal DLC coming next month I think (or very soon)...

Don't mean to derail this thread from Portal 2...

no no no no no . they didnt say anything about it being their last game with single player. they said it would be the last game with an 'isolated single player experience'.. you can interpret that how you want. but i think if they released half life 3 as a co op game that would be extremely dumb.

what i interpret that as is that portal 2 will be the last game they release that involves a character who is alone for 90% of the game.

I think if portal 3 were to happen it would be a prequel. I only think that because supposedly valve was originally playing with the idea of #2 being a prequel about aperture in the early days before the portal gun was developed, using some other interesting new game mechanic valve had come up with. I'm thinking maybe time travel puzzles or something.

Just finished it, totally loved it. Felt very short but I did play it through in two four-hour sessions so I could have paced myself a bit more. Fuck that though, it sucked me in. Looking forward to trying out the co-op and replaying single player mode!

I think if portal 3 were to happen it would be a prequel. I only think that because supposedly valve was originally playing with the idea of #2 being a prequel about aperture in the early days before the portal gun was developed, using some other interesting new game mechanic valve had come up with. I'm thinking maybe time travel puzzles or something.

umm... nvm spoilers

Half Life 3/Portal 3 crossover mega game next plz imo

PORTAL STORMS INNIT

Half Life 2 Ep 2 is like a slideshow on my comp, so I may not actually get to play through it or Portal 2 until 2017 or so. Hopefully by then the aforementioned mega game will be released and I can play it all in one week long period of total unproductivity.

Picked it up last night, played for a few hours. Great stuff - love the insults GlaDOS throws at you...

We'll have to play some co-op once PSN comes back online. :gamer:

Awesome!.. Finally microsoft got their head out of their assess. It's so stupid to force companies to charge for their content, if they don't want to.

maybe there'll actually be Steam integration in the next Valve title for xbox? or maybe Kotaku are jumping the gun...i guess we'll find out sooner or later.

Portal 2 DLC coming and it's apparently free for all platforms, including xbox360 (which is surprising since Microsoft wanted Valve to charge for DLC beforehand)

hopefully this will make up for the levels and content that was cut from the game.

Not free for PC... :emotawesomepm9:

Archived