IGNORED

Portal 2

ghOsty

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest hahathhat

I can't wait to play this game half a year or so from now ... :unsure:

i can't wait to sell my copy half a year or so from now and wind up paying $15 for a 6-month rental of a game that's not going to be much for replay.

portal 2: sure to make gamestop very, very happy.

I don't want to ruin anything, but don't you think that portal pic is a bit weak? I mean, the game itself is visually stronger than this generic thing.

it's very much in the spirit of the original poster art for

logans run

logans_run3.jpg

or even star wars

star-wars-poster.jpg

and that aspect of it is very well done.

Anyone got this on PC who hasn't gone through co-op yet and wants to play through with me? Send me PM!

Guest bitroast

that sweet-ass poster will be available to buy from valve next week btw.

oh man, i think i'll be getting this (unless its super limited and i forget and it runs out).

it's a sweet as (sweet ass?) poster indeed.

Just finished single player. Wow, what a great gaming experience. With games such as this I have great faith in future (major production) gaming.

finished the game today. There were a few places that I really got stuck, one of them was

near the end of chapter 6 or 7 where you had to put the blue goo in the tube and get to the other side before and reverse it, replace the portal over the turrets and drop the goo down on top of them.

There was also a part where

I swear to god I saw somebody in black go through a door, almost like a g-man sighting. It wasn't a case of me seeing myself go through a portal either. But it kind of looked like me. is this something known?

There was also a part where

I swear to god I saw somebody in black go through a door, almost like a g-man sighting. It wasn't a case of me seeing myself go through a portal either. But it kind of looked like me. is this something known?

there is a part where you see P-Body at one point in the game if you look hard enough

Right now I'm playing through it again with developer commentary, very interesting stuff. I think I'll play through it again after that too, and try to get all of the security cameras, and observe more easter eggs. It's really a game that you should take your time and observe the scenery. I wonder what it is like to have never played a portal game and to play portal 2? Those first levels must be really satisfying for a new player, but having played portal before, they passed by too quickly. I did find some of the gel levels to be really difficult and satisfying, and I really liked the areas between test chambers too. Kind of a relaxing, cooling off period. according to the developer commentary, the entire layout of the facility is actually stitched together into a whole map, with only one impossible structure. Anyone know what they were referring to?

My favourite parts were the Cave Johnson commentary in the later levels - I was laughing my head off.

My personal favourite:

Cave; "Say goodbye, Carolyn."

Carolyn: "Goodbye, Carolyn!"

Cave: "She's a gem, eh?"

LOLOLOL

The co-op mode seems to be as long as the single player was. I was playing it yesterday with obel for quite a long time and there is so much new stuff going on all the time. If you havent played it yet: highly recommended

The co-op mode seems to be as long as the single player was. I was playing it yesterday with obel for quite a long time and there is so much new stuff going on all the time. If you havent played it yet: highly recommended

Yeah man, fucking great. Looking forward to hitting that up again when I get home.

Guest Gary C

Now that's what I was expecting from this game. Shit's going to get wild.

I still haven't bought it though. It's way too expensive at the moment.

You can now build your own maps: http://bit.ly/kBBkIZ

I hope they provide a community archive that I can access and play user-generated maps via ps3, this would instantly add a lot of value to the console player's version.

i very much doubt that - Valve do not have anything to do with community created maps, other than occasionally having turned one or two of the better ones into official DLC for L4D / L4D2

community created maps are usually supplied and hosted in various different places, again nothing to do with Valve. it'd be pretty difficult for them to make some sort of "community browser"

Archived