IGNORED

Free Exclusive Autechre Track '6852' With Japan Benefit Ticket Purchase

Joyrex

Guest X Fretensis

Awww maaaaaan. When the beat kicks in at like 1:24 in V-Proc it's hard not to feel all cyborg b-boy about it and wanna start breakdancing like one.

I think 6852 is unquestionably one of my favorite AE tracks of all times. Hip hop that melts faces.

I applaud you sir! Having fallen for this tune in a very heavy way recently, I must confess to still experiencing anew each time a suffusion of bliss each time that phat bass comes in, with it's slinky ascending line. If this is what the guys have available in their coffers, well it stands to reason that there still yet remain many muy loco siblings still being held in captivity as it were.

Also, spare a moment to compare to RDJ. The magnificent munificence which Ae has shown us since year dot almost, makes his self-important, much-trumpeted releases, which are so stringently doled out - (not to mention superciliously, which it always feels like) - seem like Much Ado About Nothing as the old playright once wrote, allegedly.

Guest Ron Manager

shit never listened to this when it first came out, 6852 is amazing. can't believe it isn't available anywhere :(

• 1 year later...
Guest bitroast

an autechre compilation thing on vinyl needs (wants?) to be released.

being able to spin 6852 and Ts1a would probably make me a happy dude.

• 2 years later...

This is indeed beyond brilliant, so far ahead of its time when it was released.  I can't get over it.  It's so great.  This entire style seems to have been passed over though and maybe never redone by the autechre twins

That being said:  I hate whoever grave-dug this thread you gave me a heart attack (and boner)

This song is amazingly uplifting to me.  Love listen to it on the drive home from work, gets me back into what's really important...family/self-improvement/etc.  Fits with the motif for the cause.

look into your soul and you'll find what you seek (even flac:)

Actually you can get this one legit here https://icasea.bandcamp.com/album/benefit-compilation-for-japan

ups! didn't know that  :emb:  :shrug:

Wrong track (that track is friccin great too though)

I always think of these 2 tracks as going together as they were both released at a similar time for the same cause etc. and they are both brilliant. Also cos I put them in a playlist with Japanese bonus tracks (like Blyz Castle which is also a massive banger and seems very different in feel to the rest of Quaristice).

• 3 years later...
37 minutes ago, mushroom said:

necrobump but holy fuckiing shit this is crazy good. ive never heard of this before nad it just showed up in my youtuve recs

from 6 minutes onwards the situation takes off, the theme that takes shape under the reverb layer is touching, and when it becomes clearer, at 9:27 it is perfect to the point that if I tried to say, I would be covered with facepalms due to the weakness of venture into a pretentious (epochal, if not monumental) description. There is a sense of construction, inflation and resolution that is truly beneficial to the ears, and this is an aspect that is less frequent in their way today. I hope to find it again.