IGNORED

Free Exclusive Autechre Track '6852' With Japan Benefit Ticket Purchase

Joyrex

If anyone bought tickets and is still waiting for the track, I got this back from ATP today:

"Hi Joe

It should be with you shortly, they're being sent out in batches. Thanks

for your patience.

best

ATP"

Ended up downloading the mp3 just so I could listen on my ipod at work, but I want my WAVs dammit!

I know "Thanks for your patience" I know.

I've been listening to this almost non-stop... impressive that a ~12 min track always seems to end 'too quickly'! Incredible stuff... If we could get a new ae track every month or so life would be pretty sweet.

This was a wonderful surprise, though

i'm thinking that rob brown put the kids to bed, told his wife to do the dishes, went down to his studio, locked the door, smoked a big fat blunt, and banged this one out solo. mpc-stylee.

lol :tongue:

Guest bitroast

an album full of this type of stuff would make me have messy pants.

SO TRUE.

i love this track. i love the length of it as well, and how incredibly easy it is to put it on and lose yourself in it. an album lengthed something (an album, perhaps) would absolutely kill me : D

Guest bitroast

i'm thinking that rob brown put the kids to bed, told his wife to do the dishes, went down to his studio, locked the door, smoked a big fat blunt, and banged this one out solo. mpc-stylee.

what makes you think it sounds rob brown and not sean booth??

I'm floored that osc has not jazzed all over this, or did i miss his post? I thought even hauntingsoul would be all over this.

maybe they found a way to put this track inside a hollowed out moist nerf football?

what makes you think it sounds rob brown and not sean booth??

sean has a very distinctive drum programming style. he can pick up a drum machine and make it sound like him, if that makes sense. his style sounds hip-hop influenced, but with a very clipped, almost militaristic feel to it. he's got his own unique sense of timing. robs got a looser, funkier feel to his stuff, much more improv based. you really get a sense of how they interact listening to their concert bootlegs (esp. the untilted & quaristice tour stuff).

of course, i have no way of knowing for sure how this track was done. maybe it was a jam the 2 of them did, maybe it was sean intentionally trying to do a rob-style track, who knows. just from an initial listen, my first impression was that this sounds more like rob.

on one hand, i don't like disecting this stuff. i like the 'autechre' mystique and the sense of mystery behind it. on the other hand, the fanboy in me can't help but want to peek under the hood a little bit and figure out how this stuff is made.

I'm floored that osc has not jazzed all over this, or did i miss his post? I thought even hauntingsoul would be all over this.

maybe they found a way to put this track inside a hollowed out moist nerf football?

This track is amazing!

I wonder if this was made with Japan and the disaster in mind or if this was just something laying around on their hard drives.

Guest Gravity

God damn this track is just too good. It's summery, great for a drive on a hot day.

Edited by Gravity

I love it.

It sounds like a very recent track to me - I can't imagine this having come out pre-Quaristice. It feels like a mad evolution of the Move of Ten shenanigans. I just love how it develops. But I could be completely wrong about it being recent...

I wish Quaristice had sounded more like this.

Edited by Lianne

I really need more of this. this is what inwas hoping oversteps would be. this is why they need to release a live album. or a double live album. or a live boxset.

screw those ep's guys. package up a few mastered soundboards from different eras of your career and I'll pay through the nose for it. just include a lot of handi-wipes or a nice ae towel in the boxset.