IGNORED

Free Exclusive Autechre Track '6852' With Japan Benefit Ticket Purchase

Joyrex

from a youtube comment under 6852:

"The archipelago consists of 6,852 islands ("island" defined as land more than 100 m in circumference), of which 430 are inhabited. The four main islands, from north to south, are Hokkaido, Honshu, Shikoku, and Kyushu; Honshu is the largest and referred to as the Japanese mainland."

• Thanks 1

Definitely one of my favorites. I forgot to listen to it for a year once, and that year sucked. Can’t be a coincidence, scientifically.    

I get some “early exai-nts system” vibes from the stuff release in this period.

On a related note, did anyone ever figure out who was behind the “After the Quake (Sendai 2008)” track credited to just “ICASEA” on the Benefit Compilation for Japan?  I’m guessing it’s a collab, but I still get big bladelores vibes from some of the production.  Whoever it is, it’s another of my favorites from that time period. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, baph said:

On a related note, did anyone ever figure out who was behind the “After the Quake (Sendai 2008)” track credited to just “ICASEA” on the Benefit Compilation for Japan?  I’m guessing it’s a collab, but I still get big bladelores vibes from some of the production.  Whoever it is, it’s another of my favorites from that time period. 

ICASEA gotta be founders of the label, which is Alex Peverett (one half of Team Doyobi and some other projects) & Tom Knapp (SDEM), both previously in Mortal & Chemist duo

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Amen Lare said:

ICASEA gotta be founders of the label, which is Alex Peverett (one half of Team Doyobi and some other projects) & Tom Knapp (SDEM), both previously in Mortal & Chemist duo

lol that does seem significantly more likely. 

I keep forgetting about tracks like this, all their one-offs and compilation tracks. I'd buy a b-sides collection release even if it doesn't include any new tracks, just to have everything in one nicely compiled release.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cyanobacteria said:

its one of their best tracks and feels really unique, i cant think of an album it would make sense to put it on

you know the one track that came to mind that would flow into this really well is Blyz Castl, another great hidden gem. if they ever did release a misc tracks compilation I think those two would work really well back-to-back

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Boxus said:

you know the one track that came to mind that would flow into this really well is Blyz Castl, another great hidden gem. if they ever did release a misc tracks compilation I think those two would work really well back-to-back

weird, yeah out of every track blyz castl seems the most similar to me right now

• Like 1

Their Discogs is pretty solid thanks to a spectrum of 'chre enthusiasts - for a start, try Appearances > Compilations and Credits > Remix in the list of categories down left.  I vaguely recall their being a thread devoted to a WATMM effort to crowd-edit such a list, probably several months old now but might be worth a necro maetl.  

This track still slaps, definitely up there with the Dillakintetics Remix and Blyzl fo'shyzl castl as their best recent-ish non-album stuff... that lil'  JNSN CODE GL16 / spl47 2-fer for touched was well good too... always reminds me of a good ol' fashioned LP single from an artist you love where they deliver the goods on side A and then proceed to do so on the flip but in a completely different way.

Which reminds me, they really ought to re-release We R Are Why on digital vinyls.  No downside broskis, just take our money already and reinvest in Dr. Max, MSP until it becomes sentient:

Edited by BobDobalina
pls

My remixes playlist is 72 tracks and almost 9 hours deep but it includes Gescom remixes. 

also got a compilation tracks playlist that is 22 tracks and 2 and a half hours long

On 11/28/2020 at 5:57 PM, FurryThings said:

What track is this? I don't recall downloading it . is it still on SS?Z

What track is the track that’s named in the thread title? That would be 6852, you’re welcome

• Haha 1