IGNORED

South Korea buries a million pigs alive

Guest Iain C

Guest Iain C

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Iain C

fuck this! I love pigs. I once helped bottlefeed a bunch of piglets. They were very nice things.

well, i've always thought pigs are pretty gross. but they don't deserve to suffer like this just for being gross.

would be wonderful if human beings would dedicate themselves to the discovery of more advanced ways to avoid killing living things using the same fervor which propels them in other worldly pursuits

Guest Iain C

Damn.. They could at least gas them or something instead....

you can even vaccinate against foot and mouth.

no one wants to take me up on the ants thing?

in every walmart, hardware store, and even many supermarkets, you'll find an entire section devoted to poisoning ants. sugar+borax is the most popular choice. it kills the ants by shredding their insides as they eat. they die of dehydration.

every day millions of ants are killed this way.

facts about ants:

- the animal with the largest brain in proportion to its size is the ant.

- ants are farmers. ants keep and maintain their own food stores. some ants actively cultivate mushrooms and fungi, feeding them with freshly-cut plant material and keeping them free from pests and molds.

- ant colony queens can live for 20 years.

- ants engage in complex social behavior, form hierarchies, act collectively to achieve common goals, wage colony-vs-colony wars, and even engage in slavery.

- ants are engineers. they build massive underground tunnel systems with specific chambers for different uses.

so, why does no one have a second thought about mass ant genocide? what makes them any less worthy of life than pigs?

There's a difference between bugs and animals, probably the reason.

is it just the size? the ease with which they're killed and swept away? if humans were 100x bigger than pigs, would it be different?

please elaborate on your reasoning, i'm genuinely interested.

no one wants to take me up on the ants thing?

in every walmart, hardware store, and even many supermarkets, you'll find an entire section devoted to poisoning ants. sugar+borax is the most popular choice. it kills the ants by shredding their insides as they eat. they die of dehydration.

every day millions of ants are killed this way.

facts about ants:

- the animal with the largest brain in proportion to its size is the ant.

- ants are farmers. ants keep and maintain their own food stores. some ants actively cultivate mushrooms and fungus, feeding them with freshly-cut plant material and keeping it free from pests and molds.

- ant colony queens can live for 20 years.

- ants engage in complex social behavior, form hierarchies, act collectively to achieve common goals, wage colony-vs-colony wars, and even engage in slavery.

- ants are engineers. they build massive underground tunnel systems with specific chambers for different uses.

so, why does no one have a second thought about mass ant genocide? what makes them any less worthy of life than pigs?

Because fuck you, that's why

Guest Iain C

is it just the size? the ease with which they're killed and swept away? if humans were 100x bigger than pigs, would it be different?

for the record, i haven't used ant poison (or any other nasty bug trap) and would feel pretty conflicted about doing so, even if i had a serious infestation.

but i still think there's a difference in the capacity of an ant and the capacity of a pig to suffer, feel emotional distress and physical pain. i'd do some research to back this up, but i'm about to leave work. it's the scale and the visibility of the suffering in this video that shocked me.

like i say, i try not to kill any animals. i don't crush spiders or swat flies, i put them out the window. i'm a vegetarian and i'll probably end up a vegan (like my girlfriend and many close friends).

I would so like to fucking burn them alive before cutting their legs and hands and raping their children. Whoever is responsible for this. And I'm a very peaceful person.

Guest ezkerraldean

i saw this video a few weeks ago actually. pretty fucked

why couldn't they just shoot them before burying them? would humongously reduce the pigs' suffering. and did they actually need to be killed? i remember when swine flu broke out, loads of pig farms in shit parts of the world killed off all their livestock out of pure paranoia.

got a vegan mate who is obsessed with korean cinema and keeps blagging me about the films an actors he knows full well that i've never heard of, cant wait to tell him this on his birthday bash tomorrow

didnt they do something horrific to pigs in Israel too? I really couldnt stomach the youtube vid to find out

pigs are as cleaver as dogs and cats and they really are treated like shit by humans more than almost any other animal apart from chickens

Guest ezkerraldean

soap is poisonous to a wide variety of small invertebrates and single-celled organisms. when you use soap, you do so to deliberately kill such creatures. presumably you use soap. where do you draw the line?

soap is poisonous to a wide variety of small invertebrates and single-celled organisms. when you use soap, you do so to deliberately kill such creatures. presumably you use soap. where do you draw the line?

you draw the line between choice and need

Archived