IGNORED

South Korea buries a million pigs alive

Guest Iain C

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. All Asians have a flagrant disregard for life intended for consumption. This is a stereotype that is 100% valid and anyone, Asians included, would agree. More recently, love of pets that is similar to the West--dogs and cats as family--is catching on but this will take time. Japan seems to have come the furthest when it comes to not treating animals like shit but they still have all that dolphin blood on their hands so...

i wouldn't go "all asians" but at least in china and possibly in chinas sphere of influence defeating nature and ruling over natural world was (is?) held to high regard, probably stems from the historical struggle against floods. it's even apparent in chinese traditional shrieky singing. so this might be one of the elements in disregard for animal life..

two of the stupidest comments I've ever read on here.

XXX take some time to think about why yours is ricky retardo.

chinese traditional shrieky singing? lol expert troll bro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN9iXlfxpxI

Guest Calx Sherbet

i really don't understand how one could feel bad for the death of a colony of ants. but if you do, you're a better man than i

no one wants to take me up on the ants thing?

in every walmart, hardware store, and even many supermarkets, you'll find an entire section devoted to poisoning ants. sugar+borax is the most popular choice. it kills the ants by shredding their insides as they eat. they die of dehydration.

every day millions of ants are killed this way.

facts about ants:

- the animal with the largest brain in proportion to its size is the ant.

- ants are farmers. ants keep and maintain their own food stores. some ants actively cultivate mushrooms and fungi, feeding them with freshly-cut plant material and keeping them free from pests and molds.

- ant colony queens can live for 20 years.

- ants engage in complex social behavior, form hierarchies, act collectively to achieve common goals, wage colony-vs-colony wars, and even engage in slavery.

- ants are engineers. they build massive underground tunnel systems with specific chambers for different uses.

so, why does no one have a second thought about mass ant genocide? what makes them any less worthy of life than pigs?

Don't start me on it, i love ants. Although there's ones in the garden that give a nasty sting if you walk barefoot on the grass, gleh/. Anyway, in the new joint that we've moved into, ants seem to use the outside walls as a convenient thoroughfare, passing along in vigorous chains, 10-15 creatures thick.

Anyway, beside these ant highways, my brother has placed ant baits. As he no lover of the ant race ;-/ .. Anyway, the point of the baits is to poison the queen, not the individual ant. So the worker portion by tiny portion passes to their beloved monarch this choice tasting stuff, which accumulates to the point whereupon a regicide in my back garden has been achieved. After which, some weeks later, of course rest the colony dies off from old age.

But not this colony, either they've got a shedload of spare heirs, or they're immune to this poison. heh, ;-] ...

The problem now is, that they have started entering the house, on frequent expeditions. To the bathrooms and kitchen for water, and strangely enough, to the bedroom floors to leave their dead ! And not in ones and twos, but we'll wake up to tens of their dead being delivered in piles onto the hardwood varnished floors. Maybe it's a gesture, i don't know. But it's mostly in my brothers bedroom, just to the side of his bed, that has become the site of this makeshift ant-morgue.

I've heard of ants carrying their dead away from the colony if they have been infected with parasitic spores. Maybe these ants have died from the poison and are being removed to prevent any possible contamination.

KY must be asian.

no, i'm just not a racist

bang on, mate, and I'll give you a prime example of how you are correct about your statement. In different countries it seems acceptable to eat different animals. Like in England, for example, people eat rabbit (a la rabbit stew). When I tell my Japanese students this, they seem somewhat horrified. Also, I am yet to meet a person in Japan who actually eats whale nowadays. I have tried it myself, and when I tell Japanese people that I have they seem really surprised.

Just people some people or institutions are doing bad things, you can't just generalize that an entire race or country is behind it.

Math seems correct. I might add:

Human flesh > everything else

:emotawesomepm9:

Interests:Climbing trees, eating garbage, getting in fights, eating the children of future lovers so they will be driven to procreate with me.

<3

Guest Gravity

I've heard of ants carrying their dead away from the colony if they have been infected with parasitic spores. Maybe these ants have died from the poison and are being removed to prevent any possible contamination.

Speaking of ants and parasites, very strange stuff...

1. All Asians have a flagrant disregard for life intended for consumption. This is a stereotype that is 100% valid and anyone, Asians included, would agree. More recently, love of pets that is similar to the West--dogs and cats as family--is catching on but this will take time. Japan seems to have come the furthest when it comes to not treating animals like shit but they still have all that dolphin blood on their hands so...

i wouldn't go "all asians" but at least in china and possibly in chinas sphere of influence defeating nature and ruling over natural world was (is?) held to high regard, probably stems from the historical struggle against floods. it's even apparent in chinese traditional shrieky singing. so this might be one of the elements in disregard for animal life..

two of the stupidest comments I've ever read on here.

I dunno man, making a pan-Asian comment is a bit much, but eugene is right with the first part of his comment about China. The key is what xxx said, "animals intended for consumption." Of course many Chinese own cats and dogs and pamper them (though in my experience they still tend to see them as more disposable/replaceable than we do in the west).

But let me share a story of a little video I saw on the metro last night: a gorgeous, perky chick was explaining how to remove the internal organs from a living fish using two chopsticks. This fish is sitting there all googly-eyed gasping for breath - I'm not exaggerating for effect - and with a smile she demonstrated how you insert the two chopsticks in through the mouth, taking care to watch their progress through the gill slit, then lodge them firmly inside the fish's body (you may want to upend the fish and bang a bit to make sure the chopsticks are well stuck), then with a twist and pull you can rip all of the fish's internal organs and gills out through its gaping mouth in one grisly bundle! Lastly she showed how you hold the still living, now eviscerated fish over the sink to let its lifeblood drain out. I thought it was truly revolting, but none of the other passengers did.

If I could upload that video to youtube I bet it'd be a hit and enrage Peta members everywhere

I've been vegan 11 years, and I have no compassion for insects. I'd have no problem eating them if I weren't repulsed by them. In fact, they are an extremely eco-friendly source of food. http://www.slate.com/id/2286550/

Animals living in the wild devouring each other are acting purely on natural instinct. They don't have a reason why they are killing each other, they're just doing it because their body tells them to. On top of that, you will rarely see massive slaughter of any species in the wild for no apparent reason. It's ridiculous to attempt to anthropomorphize plants as a way to validate cruelty to mammals. I don't need to express why this is just a bullshit argument, and it's spreading the butter thin.

Now something that humans have the ability to do is think about what we're doing. Humans have developed logical reasoning and introspective thought. We also have the capacity for empathy. Emotions are nothing more than chemical reactions inside the brain. This is a mechanism that we have developed through evolution as a means of keeping us alive. These same identical chemical reactions occur in the brains of mammals (e.g., pigs, cows, and other apparently delicious animals). Fear, pain, terror, suffering... these are things that are quite obviously experienced by animals other than humans. Because they lack the wherewithal to articulate their emotions doesn't mean they are non-existant.

The reasoning behind my choice in diet is a personal one, and I don't typically talk about it or try to defend it in any way. And for the most part, I dislike anyone who labels themselves "vegan", or god help us a "militant vegan". But when I see people scratching the walls of logic to somehow find a way to laugh at suffering or justify the slaughtering or mistreatment of animals, it irks me. I choose not to eat animals or animal bi-products because the guilt that is associated with it is not worth the five minutes with a hamburger. If you've achieved through whatever mental gymnastics the ability to completely ignore that guilt, then by all means, have at it. I think though, at the very least you should have some respect for what you're eating.

I've been vegan 11 years, and I have no compassion for insects. I'd have no problem eating them if I weren't repulsed by them. In fact, they are an extremely eco-friendly source of food. http://www.slate.com/id/2286550/

Animals living in the wild devouring each other are acting purely on natural instinct. They don't have a reason why they are killing each other, they're just doing it because their body tells them to. On top of that, you will rarely see massive slaughter of any species in the wild for no apparent reason. It's ridiculous to attempt to anthropomorphize plants as a way to validate cruelty to mammals. I don't need to express why this is just a bullshit argument, and it's spreading the butter thin.

Now something that humans have the ability to do is think about what we're doing. Humans have developed logical reasoning and introspective thought. We also have the capacity for empathy. Emotions are nothing more than chemical reactions inside the brain. This is a mechanism that we have developed through evolution as a means of keeping us alive. These same identical chemical reactions occur in the brains of mammals (e.g., pigs, cows, and other apparently delicious animals). Fear, pain, terror, suffering... these are things that are quite obviously experienced by animals other than humans. Because they lack the wherewithal to articulate their emotions doesn't mean they are non-existant.

The reasoning behind my choice in diet is a personal one, and I don't typically talk about it or try to defend it in any way. And for the most part, I dislike anyone who labels themselves "vegan", or god help us a "militant vegan". But when I see people scratching the walls of logic to somehow find a way to laugh at suffering or justify the slaughtering or mistreatment of animals, it irks me. I choose not to eat animals or animal bi-products because the guilt that is associated with it is not worth the five minutes with a hamburger. If you've achieved through whatever mental gymnastics the ability to completely ignore that guilt, then by all means, have at it. I think though, at the very least you should have some respect for what you're eating.

well said.

the counter-argument, of course, goes something like this:

bacon

well said.

the counter-argument, of course, goes something like this:

bacon

:rolleyes: It's hard, at this point, to come up with something I haven't heard a thousand times. But kudos for the effort.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSSiRGIIjbg

animals are assholes too

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intentional_stance

Might I get Godwin on you for a second?

"Hey, the Nazis did it, too!"

Guest hahathhat

here is pig track!!

http://soundcloud.com/nevenen/tubes-of-the-world

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/64810-track-feat-the-pigs/

i bought bacon because of the FREE AT LAST thread. now, today, WATMM tells me i should not have bought bacon. MAKE UP YOUR MIND GUYS

you should go bury it in your backyard.

and sample it

top work, gentlemen. i mean that

I'm pretty sure everyone in this thread is disgusted by this video...

"It's ridiculous to attempt to anthropomorphize plants as a way to validate cruelty to mammals"

Who said this? I simply wanted to learn more about how plants behave, so I found that article.

Learning :cisfor:

Archived