IGNORED

South Korea buries a million pigs alive

Guest Iain C

Who said this? I simply wanted to learn more about how plants behave, so I found that article.

Learning :cisfor:

The implications are apparent, wing-ding.

But before we cede the entire moral penthouse to “committed vegetarians” and “strong ethical vegans,” we might consider that plants no more aspire to being stir-fried in a wok than a hog aspires to being peppercorn-studded in my Christmas clay pot.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. All Asians have a flagrant disregard for life intended for consumption. This is a stereotype that is 100% valid and anyone, Asians included, would agree. More recently, love of pets that is similar to the West--dogs and cats as family--is catching on but this will take time. Japan seems to have come the furthest when it comes to not treating animals like shit but they still have all that dolphin blood on their hands so...

i wouldn't go "all asians" but at least in china and possibly in chinas sphere of influence defeating nature and ruling over natural world was (is?) held to high regard, probably stems from the historical struggle against floods. it's even apparent in chinese traditional shrieky singing. so this might be one of the elements in disregard for animal life..

two of the stupidest comments I've ever read on here.

I dunno man, making a pan-Asian comment is a bit much, but eugene is right with the first part of his comment about China. The key is what xxx said, "animals intended for consumption." Of course many Chinese own cats and dogs and pamper them (though in my experience they still tend to see them as more disposable/replaceable than we do in the west).

But let me share a story of a little video I saw on the metro last night: a gorgeous, perky chick was explaining how to remove the internal organs from a living fish using two chopsticks. This fish is sitting there all googly-eyed gasping for breath - I'm not exaggerating for effect - and with a smile she demonstrated how you insert the two chopsticks in through the mouth, taking care to watch their progress through the gill slit, then lodge them firmly inside the fish's body (you may want to upend the fish and bang a bit to make sure the chopsticks are well stuck), then with a twist and pull you can rip all of the fish's internal organs and gills out through its gaping mouth in one grisly bundle! Lastly she showed how you hold the still living, now eviscerated fish over the sink to let its lifeblood drain out. I thought it was truly revolting, but none of the other passengers did.

If I could upload that video to youtube I bet it'd be a hit and enrage Peta members everywhere

The pan-Asian comment is ridiculous since Asia ranges from Afghanistan to Japan and Mongolia down to the Philippines.

As for animals intended for consumption - I'd say the same about North Americans - worse than a disregard - straight up pure apathy and ignorance.

Your fish story is gross, but I'm sure you can find similar examples in the West, where no one bats an eye to skinning a deer or when you see videos of foxes being skinned alive for their fur.

Eugene - that's not shrieky, you're just culturally ignorant. :)

Who said this? I simply wanted to learn more about how plants behave, so I found that article.

But before we cede the entire moral penthouse to “committed vegetarians” and “strong ethical vegans,” we might consider that plants no more aspire to being stir-fried in a wok than a hog aspires to being peppercorn-studded in my Christmas clay pot.

So plants don't have feelings? Cause the only reason I posted that article was cause it specifically talked about the possibility that they might. Maybe you missed the rest of the thread, but there was a good page on this topic. That quote is simply the authors opinion. Don't put words in my mouth. I am not trying to justify burying a million pigs cause plants might be able to communicate/feel.

Plants dont have brains dude.

not as in the fucking organ, but everything has mind and represents a certain form of energy/consciousness that is manifest at multiple levels within as well as outside normal human sensory perception.

at thread: though i refuse to watch these lifeforms suffer. i can confidently say that these people involved are nothing but misery; created and embodied, recycled and re-consumed, disguised and unaware. they will eventually find themselves at the bottom of a very similar pit, and sooner than later.

Huhuhuhuhuhuhu.

Boy howdy is this thread full of people pulling shit out of their ass or what?

On “HU”

Just as many traditions believe that the “OM” is

the original creative sound, there are traditions that believe that

this energy may be attributed to another sound—the “HU”.

In the Shabd Yoga traditions, including Master Path and Eckankar and

in the mystical Islamic path of Sufi, the “HU” is considered

to be the highest vibratory mantra that can be sounded. Chanting the

“HU” is said to lead one to transcendence—to God realization

and enlightenment. “HU” is believed to be the universal name of God, which

is present in every existing language. The “HU” sound has

been described as many things from the buzzing of bees to the rushing

of wind to the flute of God. It is said to be present in the words we

speak, in the sounds of animals; that it is the wind in the trees, the

rushing of waters, the roaring of water falls, the beat of the sea against

a beach—that it is everywhere, in every plane.

Like the “AH” and the “OM”, the “HU”

may be perceived of as a seed syllable. Depending upon its pronunciation,

it may also be perceived of as a vowel sound—the “U”.

The “HU” creates extraordinary energy for balance and clearing.

Many believe it activates both the heart and the crown chakras. When

sounded together in a large group, it is extremely powerful and transformative.

Different spiritual paths seem to have very different ways of pronouncing

the “HU”, the sacred name of God. Certain spiritual paths

from the Shabd Yoga traditions will chant it as one would the word “you”.

Other spiritual variants of Shabd Yoga, will chant it as the word “who”

which is said to be good for clearing the crown chakra. In the Sufi

Tradition, there is even a way of chanting the “HU”, doing

it with lips barely touching and being the primary vibrator, so that

this “HU” sound almost sounds like a motorboat or a buzzing

insect. The Sufis perceive this “HU” is good for resonance

of the throat chakra. Different groups may insist that their pronunciation

of “HU” is the only correct pronunciation. However, regardless

of the way it is chanted, continued, elongated sounding of “HU”,

particularly with specific intention and visualization, will lead the

reciter into an elevated state of consciousness.

Conclusion

“OM”, “AH” and “HU” are

just a few of the one syllable mantras from different traditions—there

are many others. These three have been described because of their recognition

and power.

Interestingly, these one-syllable mantras combine quite easily. In

fact, if one chants the “OM” or “AUM” as a three-syllable

sound as suggested elsewhere—“AH OH MM”—you

have one combination which contains at least two of these sounds. When

pronounced in the way, the “OM” or “AUM” should

be sounded on one breath. Project the 3 syllables as three separate

sounds so that the “AH” resonates the heart center, the

“OH” resonates the throat center and the “MM”

resonates the third eye and crown. This way of sounding the “OM”

is extremely effective in a group for bringing the energy of the people

together.

The Tibetan Buddhist Chant of “OM AH HUM” also contains

these sounds. The “OM AH HUM”, the Mantra of Blessing frequently

precedes the recitation of other mantras. In this setting, when utilized

as part of this mantra, the “AH” embodies the principle

of creative sound and pure speech and is used to resonate the throat

chakra (with the “OM” resonating the crown chakra and the

“HUM” resonating the heart chakra).

In conclusion, these three mantras of “OM”, “AH”

and “HUM” are particularly effective for working with a

group in order to create and then project sacred sound for use to assist

in planetary healing sound—using sound to assist the creation

of peace and harmony on the earth. As always, it should be stated that

the intent of the chanter is of great importance. In the article on

“INTENTION” is much information on understanding this and

in particular, the formula Vocalization + Visualization = Manifestation.

By themselves, these mantras have their own extraordinary divine resonance.

But through skillful means, one can project intention upon these sounds,

amplifying and making even more extraordinary the great healing gifts

they can bring.

The pan-Asian comment is ridiculous since Asia ranges from Afghanistan to Japan and Mongolia down to the Philippines.

don't you mean down to indonesia, or new zealand, if you were living in 90's australia.

don't you mean down to indonesia, or new zealand, if you were living in 90's australia.

yes, I do mean Indonesia - thanks...:)

So plants don't have feelings? Cause the only reason I posted that article was cause it specifically talked about the possibility that they might. Maybe you missed the rest of the thread, but there was a good page on this topic. That quote is simply the authors opinion. Don't put words in my mouth. I am not trying to justify burying a million pigs cause plants might be able to communicate/feel.

Be careful with your usage of the word "feel".

Hypothetically, let's assume you look at an ant hill as a sentient being. Before rainfall, many ant colonies will react to the humidity by building levees around the entrances to their nest to protect the tunnels from flooding. From this observation, one could conclude that the nest is reacting to the imminent rain. Would you say that the nest itself has feelings simply because it seems to react to apparent danger? Or is it more likely that there is simply a reaction occurring?

Baby+crying.gif

I'll admit that I take great pleasure from arguing with you, because everything you write is full of logic holes and passive aggressive slights that you feel like you can get away with unchecked.

So you're suggesting that I get a higher horse, so that no one will be able to smell me anymore? I'll look into it.

Gosh, it's been years since one of my peers tried to get at me by saying "you stink!"

Back to the topic at hand: I totally support cannibalism.

So you're suggesting that I get a higher horse, so that no one will be able to smell me anymore? I'll look into it.

That or you could try and take a bath sometime. Ya know, so watmm can get to know you better and stuff... I can barely see you all the way up there and the sun blocks my eyes. The view must be majestic though, its a shame you don't seem to share the wealth though. Always laughing at us poor peasants :cry:

And yes, gravity bong that horse mang

That or you could try and take a bath sometime. Ya know, so watmm can get to know you better and stuff... I can barely see you all the way up there and the sun blocks my eyes. The view must be majestic though, its a shame you don't seem to share the wealth though. Always laughing at us poor peasants :cry:

Hehe, now don't go making the rest of WATMM feel bad when I meant for you to take it personally. :emotawesomepm9:

How deep is this hole that you are digging going to be wake?

and will you please stop digging...?

you are turning into the Hannibal Lecter of watmm.....

you are turning into the Hannibal Lecter of watmm.....

Back to the topic at hand: I totally support cannibalism.

You better keep up.

Hehe, now don't go making the rest of WATMM feel bad when I meant for you to take it personally. :emotawesomepm9:

I see you

Guest Sprigg

That... was absolutely horrendous. I couldn't finish the video.

Edit: Posting after an intelligible sup post.

Archived