IGNORED

12-YEAR-OLD BOY GENIUS SETS OUT TO DISPROVE BIG BANG

karmakramer

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/a-beautiful-mind-12-year-old-boy-genius-sets-out-to-disprove-big-bang/

At 12-years-old, Jacob Barnett is a genius. He’s already in college, his IQ is higher than Einstein’s, and for fun he‘s working on an expanded version of that man’s theory of relativity. So far, the signs are good. Professors are astounded. So what else does a boy genius with vast brilliance do in his free time? Disprove the big bang, of course.

For a minute, just a minute, try and follow his logic. He explained his thinking recently to the Indianapolis Star:

“There are two different types of when stars end. When the little stars die, it’s just like a small poof. They just turn into a planetary nebula. But the big ones, above 1.4 solar masses, blow up in one giant explosion, a supernova,” Jake said. “What it does, is, in larger stars there is a larger mass, and it can fuse higher elements because it’s more dense.”

OK . . . trying to follow you.

“So you get all the elements, all the different materials, from those bigger stars. The little stars, they just make hydrogen and helium, and when they blow up, all the carbon that remains in them is just in the white dwarf; it never really comes off.

“So, um, in the big-bang theory, what they do is, there is this big explosion and there is all this temperature going off and the temperature decreases really rapidly because it’s really big. The other day I calculated, they have this period where they suppose the hydrogen and helium were created, and, um, I don’t care about the hydrogen and helium, but I thought, wouldn’t there have to be some sort of carbon?”

“In one two-week period, he sat on our front porch and learned all of his high school math,” Kristine told the Star. “He tested out of algebra 1 and 2, geometry, trigonometry and calculus.”

At eight, Jacob enrolled at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) and was taking advanced astrophysics classes. According to one of his professors there, he‘s the most brilliant student he’s seen.

more at link..

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tamas

There was a kid who looked just like that in my highschool, was really annoying, he may have had decent knowledge of high level math but he certainly didn't have any social skills.

And that theory to disprove the big bang is worse (and less entertaining) than something that someone who's stoned would come up with!!

And that theory to disprove the big bang is worse (and less entertaining) than something that someone who's stoned would come up with!!

There was a kid who looked just like that in my highschool, was really annoying, he may have had decent knowledge of high level math but he certainly didn't have any social skills.

You couldn't get much worse than the completely not proven big bang theory. Fresh untainted eyes can see it at a glance. Indoctrinated masses on the other hand.

i'm jealous that i've never had the drive to go to college. otherwise i don't give a fuck what he theorizes unless he can prove some shit.

also i am grumpy.

I really just found this impressive :

At eight, Jacob enrolled at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) and was taking advanced astrophysics classes. According to one of his professors there, he‘s the most brilliant student he’s seen.

at eight i was drawing monster cars and playing with legos lol

Guest Tamas

You couldn't get much worse than the completely not proven big bang theory. Fresh untainted eyes can see it at a glance. Indoctrinated masses on the other hand.

I certainly agree that there are many ideas in the theoretical sciences that may have some holes, but to compare something like a star dying to the big bang is pretty absurd to me. Things happen differently at different scales, which is a pretty sound fact, so I think jumping to such a conclusion seems crazy to me. Unless he writes tons of coherent papers on the subject that'd take a lifetime to write, I doubt he'll be rewriting the history of the Universe any time soon.

I enjoy that some of you are scrutinizing the character of a 12 year old who you don't know.

How bitter must a man be if all he can see in a genius child is his own wasted potential? If I knew you guys irl I'd love to give you bear hugs and cry it out.

Anyway a lot of the time these are the people that move society forward in leaps and bounds and I'm very grateful that he is a part of our race :flower: (even if his theory is shit but hey he's got time right? lol). We need more of this.

his IQ is higher than Einstein’s

WTF? As far as I know Einstein never took an IQ test in his life...

Weird, I wonder what that statement is based on then. I read some things saying they estimate his IQ was around 180, but I don't know how they would determine that.

And thanks kaini for those vids, great stuff so far

it's not the kid that's at fault for people being pissed off, it's the shitty journalism. but journalists don't exactly have a good rep when it comes to writing about science.

well worth a watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bGx3UB-Slg

ewwww michio kaku as their image choice

also well worth a watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTjUqI6W3yQ

Both prove nothing, but say nothing. See orthodoxy

Also kaku has one of the most annoying voices i've ever heard.

I certainly agree that there are many ideas in the theoretical sciences that may have some holes, but to compare something like a star dying to the big bang is pretty absurd to me. Things happen differently at different scales, which is a pretty sound fact, so I think jumping to such a conclusion seems crazy to me. Unless he writes tons of coherent papers on the subject that'd take a lifetime to write, I doubt he'll be rewriting the history of the Universe any time soon.

talking about shaky foundations when discussing the big bang, is an odd way to go. ;-]

his IQ is higher than Einstein’s

WTF? As far as I know Einstein never took an IQ test in his life...

no he let his wife take it .. ;-]

Archived