IGNORED

Inconsistent

miles36

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is all RDJ's fault for not releasing shit and bringing something new to argue about. Come on you cunt, look what you've done, release something new for lords sake

BoC's empty album placeholder wasn't enough :(

So no more nudies eh? You said there are other forums for this. Ok no big deal, its not really disappointing in the least to go somewhere else for boobies. Umm, but every topic in banter has a potential forum designed for it. So why not take banter completely out of the equation? Is secret santa thread, or the mass genocide of pigs anymore relevent to banter than posting your favorite boobs or butts. I just dont understand how u can designate certain things banter and others not. I know its your gig but it still prejudice against someones favorite boob and whatnot.

I think you're missing the point of the rule change - it's not about making General Banter more specific, it's about removing content that really doesn't fit with the overall ethos/purpose of this site. There's a big difference in posting content some find objectionable versus varied discussion that can be kept at an acceptable level that more audiences can access it.

Just like overt nudity/sexuality is generally not permissible on television, nor should it be on a forum visited by a wide-ranging variety of individuals.

Long before there were boobs and butts threads, there were just threads about music, and a few off-topic discussions not about music. I really just want WATMM to go in that direction again rather than becoming about everything BUT music - I in no way want to run one of the many "nothing" sites that cater to a wide swath of what people browse the internet for - this is a website about electronic music and those who make it.

go on joyrex, stick it to the man

seriously though

rather than becoming about everything BUT music

This is false and you know it. What you're referring to is what happens when a forum becomes old enough. It either dies or becomes a "place" with it's own "character", and that general character and atmosphere is what attracts people. I know the watmm flavor when I see it, and it's even in favourite boobs threads. Watmm is ALSO about music, but not just.

No matter whether you like it or not, this is just how a group evolves, and you cannot change that.

Guest Gary C

I think I know why Joyrex is clearing up the site, but I don't want to say anything in case he doesn't actually know something.

To one-up Radiohead, Aphex is releasing a website album next, right?

I bet they've got loads of tits in LTM. :unsure:

And you would be wrong.

i think joyrex is letting his children on watmm and thats why he is getting rid of the filthy stuff.

No, my children have nothing to do with this. This is more about getting the site back on track and back to what it used to be, plus just the fact that stuff like that has no place here anymore.

Just like overt nudity/sexuality is generally not permissible on television, nor should it be on a forum visited by a wide-ranging variety of individuals.

in many places around the world there isn't a taboo against sexuality or nudity on television or even billboards. not be a dick but the pov you're coming from is not universally held

To be fair the only relevant featured artists is Vibert. And only a few people bother posting about the new album

BoC and Aphex is just full of people posting the 1st though that comes into their pilled out head.

First, I don't subscribe to the idea of "IDM" as a genre. The musicians featured here all make electronic music, hence the "your electronic music resource" in the site's title.

i'm referring to the featured artists, along with their labelmates and similar artists—you know what i mean! we're not praising BT and paul oakenfold here.

Second, the EKT section is just as important to this site as the Featured Artist subforums are - and I am sure there are plenty of artists here who would say their music does not fall into that limiting acronym of a genre.

i actually forgot about the ekt section—if there is just as much traffic in that section of the site as there is in the general banter section, then more power to you—i just wasn't referring to ekt with my response.

Lastly, this isn't a popularity contest - people come and go here, some lose interest in electronic music, others revive their interest in it, etc. Just because you or what you perceive as a group of fellow members as being the general feeling about electronic music does not make it the driver for the direction this site goes in.

until then, i hope this site is a welcome home to my impending deee-lite revival.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6KA4oTZ-WQ

EDIT:

hopefully some of the steps (this being one of them) will lead the site in a more profitable direction

this isn't a popularity contest

erm

fucking lame.

If you don't like it, you know where the door is. Nobody's begging you to stay.

"back to what it used to be" - give me a fucking break.

Funny; I didn't ask for your opinion.

Bring back downloadable content.!!!

That would be nice... hopefully some of the steps (this being one of them) will lead the site in a more profitable direction so we can afford the space/bandwidth on this host needed to put the live shows and other audio and video material back up related to our Featured Artists.

fucking lame.

If you don't like it, you know where the door is. Nobody's begging you to stay.

I don't want to leave but i find it fucking lame that you're making it harder and harder to bother sticking around.

But i know, internets, lol, i'll get over it but it'll always bug me.

Archived