IGNORED

? mixes NOT for cash --- ?!?!

Guest spike

Guest Charuzusan

Outside Kickass Violin Solo is the track i use to introduce people to RDJ, everytime. :watmm:

Outside Kick Ass Violin Solo isnt even AFX! Its actually by a band called "Outside"...Check it out on YouTube.

This is the song that introduced me to Aphex. Later (many years after I'd expanded my collection to include as much Aphex as I could find) I was listening to it and I noticed it didn't really sound like any of his other works - it didn't have the full Aphex sound to it. So I looked into it and *SHO NUFF* it's a group called Outside (as Tchocky pointed out). Don't bother looking at any of their other stuff though; nothing else of theirs sound like that song. Still a great track though, and I'll forever be thankful to it for introducing me.

• 2 years later...

Sorry for bumping this old thread, but I finally got around to finishing the ultimate AFX collection and I can't find AFX - Box Energy (4 Remix 1). It's not comercially available and was given for free on rephlex.com. If anyone could PM me the track that'd be great. This is probably against the rules but I just can't find the track.

What's rdj motivation behind remixing this or that song? Does he do it by request or he simply tells the band/artist "oh hey you wanna include this remix I did in a single or something?". I just can't imagine him listening to Beck's Odelay for example

I remember a cheeky remark he made in the 90s amounting to: he ony remixed tracks where he absolutely loathed the original. Of course that was after he became "Richard" the famous.

Archived