IGNORED

Describe why you hate acid

acidphakist

old friend,

In general, here is the symptom of a "persecution complex" that you display (btw I borrowed that term from noise's earlier post in this thread, so I'm half-joking when I say you have it, but...):

"People or groups who hold to marginal (non-mainstream) beliefs or theories often display some features of this malady, as a way of explaining why their views are not more widespread."

Get it?

I could start a thread titled "Describe to me why you hate guitar music" or "Describe to me why you hate vocals in music" but the replies would mainly serve to encourage me that whatever I'm currently doing is largely disliked, and so it would make me feel that I'm alone in my enjoyment of those things (which is not true). If you had titled this thread "Describe what you love about acid" perhaps you wouldn't come across as looking for a reason to confirm your belief that people on WATMM hate acid (see your recent EKT posts to confirm those statements).

That's really all I can explain. It's breakfast time.

PS I don't really think you have a cello, I just know you're classically trained and was trying to re-encourage you to step outside the acieed box and write something else, because as you say in your first post here, you only know how to write acid.

I appreciate the thoughtful reply. The truth is (as I'd stated earlier) there was a point when I felt that acid was generally looked down upon, but a certain music festival quickly assuaged the notion. Hence, I embrace my aciduality!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest hahathhat

PS I don't really think you have a cello, I just know you're classically trained

i'm curious about this. acidphakist, did you actually go to a school, like eastman or berklee or something?

i mean, i took violin and piano lessons. does that make me "classically trained?" when someone uses a phrase like that, i think of a boring asian overachieving 'cos mom will kill me otherwise vibe. or some stuffy violinist that's highly critical of some conductor's baton-wielding. and neither of these are really the odor i feel drifting over from you !

what is "classicly trained"? what is my reaction to it supposed to be?

PS I don't really think you have a cello, I just know you're classically trained

i'm curious about this. acidphakist, did you actually go to a school, like eastman or berklee or something?

i mean, i took violin and piano lessons. does that make me "classically trained?" when someone uses a phrase like that, i think of a boring asian overachieving 'cos mom will kill me otherwise vibe. or some stuffy violinist that's highly critical of some conductor's baton-wielding. and neither of these are really the odor i feel drifting over from you !

I was trained on the piano, viola and bassoon since I was about seven. I played in orchestras and chamber quartets once a week, and had to attend piano recitals once a month.

I originally went to Northwestern University for bassoon performance (and electrical engineering) but dropped the bassoon because the fun was stripped away.

Guest hahathhat

classically*

This article does a great job explaining it in detail.

http://www.slate.com/id/2122512/

yeah, that's about it !

"Oftentimes, people don't have the courage to let their music stand on its own," O'Riley says. "They have to pull out the 'classically trained' badge just to have some sense of pedigree."

(and electrical engineering)

do any sdiy?

Guest hahathhat

acid symphony orchestra was one of those things that really would have been best left in the idea phase

Guest Lube Saibot

acid symphony orchestra was one of those things that really would have been best left in the idea phase

methinks they should have done classical covers instead like Ceephax's Prelude in 303 Major

Guest hahathhat

probably, but they'd still be 12 dorks wearing tail-coats and being awkward

please, they're 'eclectic'

Archived