IGNORED

Hiroshima bombing animated short

DerWaschbar

That was just crazy.

IMagine Stone in Focus Playing with that the entire time.

Perhaps I'll watch it again in fact, this time doing the above.

Its very sad, but I didn't have to say that, it speaks for itself.

Okay, this is kind of spooky: I woke up today around the time you posted this, and for some reason the likelihood of a nuclear war occurring within my lifetime was on my mind. Then some haunting imagery from a documentary I watched a couple years ago on the Hiroshima/Nagasaki documentary flashed through my mind (footage of people with their shirts pulled up to reveal skin covered in sores, flesh melted off, etc.). Then I come to watmms and there's this animation right at the top of gen ban. What does it all mean?? :wacko: Normally my waking thoughts are centered on a cup of coffee and some track I'm working on.

Anyway, disconcerting synchronicity aside, that was a truly incredible animation. Wow. Thanks a lot for posting it. Beautiful soundtrack too.

Oh, and the documentary that partially influenced my waking thoughts is called White Light/Black Rain. It's really good, and completely unnerving. I highly recommend it.

Imagine being the guy(s) animating that and having to think about it and look at the same damn frames over and over again every day...and yeah, I remember Barefoot Gen really disturbed me as a young comic book aficionado ("what the heck is this huge chunk of reality doing in my escapism??)

Zephyr, sorry about your morning coffee. That's a truly special time that shouldn't be ruined at all costs. Thanks for the recommendation of White Light/Black Rain, I'll check it out.

To everyone who recommended Barefoot Gen, thank you. I will check that out as well.

Anyone have a clue when this was made or who it was made by? I'd really like to source out a higher quality copy.

Anyways, I'm glad everyone enjoyed it.

Zephyr, sorry about your morning coffee. That's a truly special time that shouldn't be ruined at all costs. Thanks for the recommendation of White Light/Black Rain, I'll check it out.

Heheh, don't worry, the morning coffee was enjoyed as usual. If anything the experience was heightened with the addition of this animation. It really is a powerful work of art. I have no idea why I woke up with the thought of nuclear war + Hiroshima/Nagasaki footage in my head. The fact that I came here to find this thread immediately after was a little ominous, but I get a kick out of that sort of thing. Usually coincidences seem banal and of little import, but this one seemed significant. Glad to hear you'll be checking out White Light/Black Rain as I think it is a very important film. I shall spread this animation around!

Archived