IGNORED

Share Your Favorite Documentaries Thread!

Guest Al5x

Not sure if I posted this one already cuz it's been a fave of mine for years. Recently watched it with my lady which reminded me to post it here. It's fluff but entertaining fluff

Cool, will check this out.

Looks promising, but there's french slathered all over it.

Once or twice a week I'll eat meals in the wrong order. Supper for breakfast, lunch for lunch, breakfast for dinner. And maybe once every month or two I'll have desert for breakfast.

I'd watch this documentary.

Favorite science documentaries are the ones with Brian Cox. Wonders of the Universe, Wonders of the Solar System.

In relation to that Neverland documentary, there's another really good one on netflix called 'Abducted in plain sight' which focuses on the "grooming process" from perspective of a neighboorhood instead of from a famous musician. It's ridiculous how much the guy got away with. He played everyone like puppets and basically got to live to old age before getting caught.

Once or twice a week I'll eat meals in the wrong order. Supper for breakfast, lunch for lunch, breakfast for dinner. And maybe once every month or two I'll have desert for breakfast.

I'd watch this documentary.

FLOL I thought I was posting in the 'post something controversial about you' thread or whatever. This is better though. I've started working on the documentary. Slated for release in 2020. If you think you've seen someone hit rock bottom, think again.

Edited by Brisbot

• 4 weeks later...

Life In A Day is a historic film capturing for future generations what it was like to be alive on the 24th of July, 2010.

I watched this last night and it was very good.

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

Jonathan Meades is usually good fun, insightful & wry.

This piece on the Severn river plot-lands & their surreal houses/architecture doesn't sound too provocative, but it's pitch perfect:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/15/2019 at 3:01 PM, cwmbrancity said:

Jonathan Meades is usually good fun, insightful & wry.

This piece on the Severn river plot-lands & their surreal houses/architecture doesn't sound too provocative, but it's pitch perfect:

Thanks for this. Not seen it before. I know people who still live in some those little huts/shacks/homesteads along the Severn starting at about 5min in. That place is Northwood Lane in Bewdley. The lane leads up to Trimpley reservoir. It’s a strange and magic place on the edge of the Wyre Forest. The caves at the start are in Kinver. 

Three Identical Strangers - I liked it. It was way sadder than I thought it would be, but I liked it.

The Life and Art of Szukalski (Netflix) - REALLY liked it. Amazing character.

Free Solo - Jesus fucking Christ, my palms were so sweaty after watchin this.

• Like 1

Just watched Dark Days for the second time. Such a good documentary. It's dark and grungy but just so interesting and impact full, hopeful.

Edited by yekker

On 7/10/2019 at 1:30 AM, Squee said:

Three Identical Strangers - I liked it. It was way sadder than I thought it would be, but I liked it.

The Life and Art of Szukalski (Netflix) - REALLY liked it. Amazing character.

Free Solo - Jesus fucking Christ, my palms were so sweaty after watchin this.

I also really enjoyed it. One interesting thing is how vulnerable people are to fascism and how easily people want to categorize each other. Being brilliant doesn't make you immune to having your rationality distorted.

Chill and Quirky. 

From the Film Australia Collection. Made by Film Australia 1987. Directed by Jamie Robertson. Kevin Peek, composer and guitarist with Sky, teams up with Mars Lasar, composer and ‘Fairlight’ whiz, to take an unusual and experimental voyage of discovery into the untapped potential of the Australian continent. With cinematography by Jim Frazier, this beautifully crafted film interweaves the sounds of nature and song recordings of rare Australian birds—the Victoria’s Riflebird, Lyrebird and Emu among others—with synthesized music that celebrates the Australian landscape and its wildlife. Superbly photographed, Sounds Like Australia breaks new ground in bringing music and the natural world together. Narrated by Robyn Williams. Developed by Peter Vogel and Kim Ryrie in 1979 the Fairlight CMI went on to be a dominant device in late 70s and early 80s music and film production. It was used by such artists as Peter Gabriel, Kate Bush, Elton John and Jean Michel Jarre.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRflfzzP8i4

Edited by Embers
insert hyperliiiiink.