IGNORED

Amnesia

Guest rumbo

My brother showed me this game when I went home over spring break and I bought it. Its pretty freaky and pretty fun! I like to play it with all the lights off lol

it's not too demanding on the ol hardware

It's poorly optimized though, my graphics card is quite old but was pretty awesome back in its day (Radeon 9600Pro) - you would think a card that could handle Far Cry on max settings then would be able to run Amnesia now, but it's completely unplayable. Even on the lowest settings I got like 0,01 FPS. Updated drivers etc, not a chance.

Anyway, I will be playing tonight, in the dark, with my cousin's cat

can you record it? :whistling:

This game is freakin amazing and I highly recommend any/all buy it. Scared the shit out of me from beginning to end which is unique because:

most (scary) games dont scare me anyways

the ones that do tend to dither towards the end or just become action games. this doesn't.

Guest rumbo

I find it annoying that if you walk on the red blobs of tissue that grow around the castle, it scratches you or something, like you've been hit. Scares the crap out of you though when it's really quiet.

Yeah that sucked. Pretty much anything hurts you. Try to touch the fire, get hurt, touch the barrel with the acid, get hurt etc. It was annoying but I guess it added to the paranoia and sense of danger.

Name a game where touching fire or acid doesn't hurt you.

When you walk into fire or fall into acid, of course you get hurt, but when you see it from a first person view, you kinda want to interact with stuff, so I thought it was a bit harsh to let you actually take damage from touching the barrel that only contains the acid. Or a couple of metal spikes later on. Does he slam his hand into it or what? I was hoping for a message to show up or something.

• 3 months later...

thats just being picky

like any game if you dont want to be scared you wont .. you have to play in the dark alone at night with headphones on . i think thats the basic of it .

you cant expect to get the proper experience if you dont do that

Archived