IGNORED

Official NHL Stanley Cup Play-Offs Thread

Chris Moss Acid

Canada needs another franchise. there are two states that have 3 teams in the us and we've only got 6 teams up here. what the fuck. i hope we get the jets back and perhaps another franchise in hamilton or something. as much as i love the nordiques colarado has a decent franchise set up and fuck quebec.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:emotawesomepm9: :emotawesomepm9: :emotawesomepm9:

Great game by the Hawks, it seems scoring the first goal will deflate the fragile Nucks. I thought they would show up for game 5, but they didn't, which bodes well for game 6. Hawks have a long road ahead of them, but the odds are improving in their favour. After dispatching them to the golf courses the past two years and now outscoring them 12-2 in the last two games, the Nucks will have that Hawks boogeyman creeping up again.

Make this series go to 7 and make it interesting.

i can't believe the nucks decided not to show up. luongo should have been pulled after the 2nd goal. but schneider didn't exactly remedy the situation. i am upset that they've fucked up so bad in the last two games. come on canucks, one more fucking win, what happened to your regular season record!

Regular season means squat in the playoffs. Look what happened to the Caps last year after dominating the regular season, out in the first round.

Reading the comments around the net, it sounds like the Nucks are the ones who are down 3-0 in the series and is all but done. They just need to win ONE game and they are in the second round, surely that can't be too difficult. They managed to win 3 games straight.

That said, the Hawks have played superbly the past two games. The non-suspension of Torres and injury to Seabrook has rallied this team into a frenzy. It also helps to have Bolland back so coach Q can roll 4 lines with proper centers. They have showed that they have what it takes to win, they did it last year, and are doing it again. And even if they fall in game 6, I will be proud of my Hawks for putting up a good fight.

The non-suspension of Torres and injury to Seabrook

fuck off with that. it was a legal, clean hit. the puck was right the fuck in front of him and his dumbass was looking the other way. bam, he gets a huge hit. nothing like the couple of elbows i've seen thrown at canuck players FOR NO REASON. seabrook is a fucking cock anyway. i can't believe there was even talk about suspension. so fucking dumb. i don't think he should have even been penalized.

The non-suspension of Torres and injury to Seabrook

fuck off with that. it was a legal, clean hit. the puck was right the fuck in front of him and his dumbass was looking the other way. bam, he gets a huge hit. nothing like the couple of elbows i've seen thrown at canuck players FOR NO REASON. seabrook is a fucking cock anyway. i can't believe there was even talk about suspension. so fucking dumb. i don't think he should have even been penalized.

Well, the Hawks feel like they got the short-end of the stick on that judgement and saw it fit to take matters into their own hands by beating the Canucks on the scoreboard and so far have done an excellent job at that. Keith is playing like a man possessed after his D-partner got dinged up, so go ahead and make runs at the Hawks players, you are just firing them up some more.

i've nothing against the angry players, just don't blame the malaise on a clean hit! the stigma torres has around him is mostly unprecedented. if chicago can use this stigma to win the series then good on them. but it won't make me not hate the hawks and hate the reaction to the torres hit. the referees make calls equal to the money they get paid to make said calls. the politics in playoff hockey are retarded.

and the politics apply to every series, not just the one between vancouver and chicago.

Torres himself said it was a borderline hit. And I frankly think he is doing more harm than good for his team. AV should bench him as he's been useless so far.

The Canucks are probably going to win the series anways, so I don't see the point in bringing up some alleged politics. If the Canucks win the Cup, remember to thank Bettman and the league for arranging it so.

Game 7 w0000000000000000000000

Exciting game, now that both teams finally show up at the same time. Game 7 will be epic and go either way. Whine about the refs all you want, your team just couldn't finish it up when they had a chance and now it's a winner takes all situation.

Did you see todays game? I'm not just being a sore loser. It was fucking atrocious.

Yes, yes, the league are out to get you. It couldn't be that the Nucks get frustrated and do dumb shit. The officiating is inconsistent in this league and bad calls go both ways. I remember having this exact same conversation last year as well. The Hawks inept PP didn't even manage to score on their chances, not even on that 5on3. The Canucks still have a chance to finish of the Hawks in game 7 and if they do, I guess the bad officiating wasn't to blame after all or are the Canucks supposed to march through the playoff with a perfect 16-0 record? I know the Canucks have their fair share of bandwagon fans, but the persecution complex they have is getting ridiculous.

9744335da2e518f53dba7bd82d605b6368795db.jpg

Game 7 tonight between the Canucks and Hawks. The only way this could end properly. With the GM of the Canucks crying about the officiating, I could see it favoring the Canucks tonight. If they win then isn't it going to feel good that you barely squeaked out from a series that you pretty much had in the bag after 3 straight wins with the help of the officials. Like real champs.

The Hawks are in a pressure-free position and can just enjoy the challenge of a game 7, since they were pretty much written off as the 8th seed going against the best team in the regular season. They exposed the Canucks as beatable by coming back and forcing a game 7. The Canucks on the other hand are on the verge of an epic collapse with a $10m goalie getting replaced by a rookie in game 6, only to hit the ice as a relief and doing the most awkward save in OT that caused a rebound which lost the game. If this series had been a movie, people would have said it was unrealistic.

Congrats to the Canucks for conquering their demons. The favourites won, who would have thought that? Mad respects to my Hawks for fighting back and only losing it by the smallest margin. Invaluable experience was gathered for the young group that will for sure help in the coming years when they are battling for that big prize.

With that said, GO PREDS.

Archived