IGNORED

Official NHL Stanley Cup Play-Offs Thread

Chris Moss Acid

Nah, I really think Canucks fans are the worst bunch of them all.

because we're noisy cause we never make it far and now we have and are kicking ass?

or

because were on wattem posting on your internets?

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both. If it so happens that the Canucks get into the SCF, I will be hoping for a repeat of 94, even if it seems unlikely as the Western conference has the superior teams overall compared to the teams of the EC.

Please explain to me why you hate the Canucks? And calling our fans dicks doesn't count. Every fan is an asshole by that logic. But why hate the nucks? Cause we own Chicago?

Please explain to me why you hate the Canucks? And calling our fans dicks doesn't count. Every fan is an asshole by that logic. But why hate the nucks? Cause we own Chicago?

yepp, pretty much

You own Chicago? Chicago has owned you the last couple of years, and only now you manage to win and then by only the slimmest of margins and by almost choking your way out of the first round against a #8 seed. The team exudes this air of entitlement, it is very rare to see them give credit to the other team when they get their asses handed to them, it's almost always that they thought they played better and the other team got lucky. It's like they believe the hype from the local media, who are saying they are the best thing since sliced bread. And it has happened where they come into a game thinking they are so superior to the opponent that they should just lay over and let the mighty Canucks roll over them, but surprisingly the Canucks ended up losing the game. This is the first year the Canucks have actually lived up to the hype and they have maybe changed their attitude a bit and the results show. As a sidenote, I think Kesler should be the captain instead of H.Sedin, he has way more leadership than Sedin and actually step up his game when it counts.

And the whining about unfair officiating, all the way from the top. And then there are players like the hair-pulling dive artist Burrows, crying Luongo who snaps his head back as soon as someone is even near his crease, Bieksa is a smug trash talker that rarely backs it up. It's full of unlikable players. And Sedin's are also divers and look stupid. But seriously the fans also have that sense of entitlement, even when you have won NOTHING in 40 years of existence. And that is also combined with a persecution complex, makes it so that I hope the Canucks never win anything. I am sure there are reasonable fans, but probably the minority of douchebags are the loudest and skews my perception of them.

And there is a rivalry between Chicago and Canucks, especially now when the Canucks finally managed to win a series against them, so no wonder my dislike for the Canucks is a step higher than against any other team. Thank you, you are alright even if you have the fault of being Canuck supporters.

Dude, it sounds like you're just shit talking hockey right there. you dislike the nemesis of your team the same way i do. and give not winning the cup a rest. we are a solid team, cup or not. montreal has something like 24 cups but where the fuck have they been for the last 5 or 10 years? each team changes dramatically year to year. i love the canucks because i live in bc and at the moment i live just an hour and a half out of vancouver. it's a straight uo hockey town with a team that is fun to watch. they get on the nerves of finnish people ffs. win.

only two kinds of people should take hockey this seriously:

- those with contracts

- those with bets

otherwise, it's pure entertainment. getting angry about it is like getting angry about who wins Survivor.

I completely agree with you.

But the way i see it is hockey is a reason to get upset and angry or tickled and happy, depending on what happens during the game. And at the end of said game it is easy to just say "fuck it, we lost, time to go to bed so i can get on with my life". It is something that inspires great emotion but in the end is absolutely useless. It doesn't exist for more that entertainment and i am ok with that. I'm not the guy who is miserable all summer cause his nhl team didn't make it past the first round (and i've met these kind of people). I'll enjoy a playoff run as long as it lasts and then try to forget the humiliating defeat.

Oh I don't take hockey as seriously as my rant might indicate. I was slightly upset the day the Hawks got eliminated this year and that was that, same when they won the Cup last year, I was happy and I admit I did pop a bottle of sparkly at around 5 or 6am whenever the game ended here.

Holy fuck do we need to stop getting penalties. Our special teams were shit. Well, tomorrow at noon is redemption!

i don't agree with all those penalties

A third of the game was spent with a San Jose power play. Rediculous. But they came pretty close to tying the game near the end.

Then in the Eastern Finals, Boston scored 3 goals in the first period. Tampa Bay then scored 4 in a row, then an empty net goal to make it 5-3. What the hell happened?

No, I didn't, but I see the Nucks had several minutes of 5on3 that they couldn't capitalize on, so instead of blaming the officiating blame your special teams. Whining about officiating is so lame. Calls get missed both ways.

No, I didn't, but I see the Nucks had several minutes of 5on3 that they couldn't capitalize on, so instead of blaming the officiating blame your special teams. Whining about officiating is so lame. Calls get missed both ways.

It was 5 on 4 for 5 minutes, and they did capitalize on it; They scored twice.

nice 5 on 3 hat trick, but the last 3 games have all been pretty one-sided. penalties are more entertaining when there's something on the line, rather than a chance to go up 3-0.

nice 5 on 3 hat trick, but the last 3 games have all been pretty one-sided. penalties are more entertaining when there's something on the line, rather than a chance to go up 3-0.

3-1.

Yeah Sunday's game was totally won by the three 5 on 3 opportunities. But Vancouver is a better team anyways. They managed to kill off 5 consecutive penalties before they scored their first goal. Good stuff. Stanley Cup, here we come!

Archived