IGNORED

what happened to wake

acidphakist

We do not have a relationship with you.

sorry joy, but that's silly. ye post here, we post here, we respond to each others posts. we do have a relationship of sorts.

wt f mm is kinda shit/sad though, and plagiarising peoples code is not cool. and i agree with you on the most part besides point above. if people don't like it, they can fuck off elsewhere. the internet is a big place.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest hahathhat

seriously, how would you react if someone copy and pasted your site, then started mass-spamming your users with links to their clone?

You and Joyrex need to understand that, even though we act like it (lol), we're not kids. Censorship breeds more interest than if you just came out and stated the obvious.

Yea, this. Several people have been posting the link and not knowing they weren't supposed to post it, and then getting it deleted, and then being all like, WTF. Communication is a very important aspect in a relationship. :rolleyes:

But the dupe accounts and mass-spamming justify the ban imo. Although I miss Wake.

Communication IS important in a relationship. We do not have a relationship with you. You are using a resource we provide, and by using this resource you are agreeing to abide by the rules set by the Administrative Staff if you wish to continue to be welcome here. We reserve the right to censor, remove, redact, edit, obliterate, and erase anything and anyone that we feel is contrary to the overall good of the community here. You have every right to voice your opinion in a PM or email to me, but that does not automatically mean your opinion will be taken into consideration, nor do we need to justify or explain our actions.

yet, your actions still have consequences. as do your words....

Guest Z_B_Z

this shit is getting so old.. leave or stay, but dont tell the guy how to run his site. i dont entirely agree with how these forums are managed, but i dont care enough to leave..

this shit is getting so old.. leave or stay, but dont tell the guy how to run his site. i dont entirely agree with how these forums are managed, but i dont care enough to leave..

Dude, chillax. Chaosmachine asked what I'd do so I told him. Chill man!

If you're wondering why Joyrex is not feeling super friendly about this stuff (aside from them copying our site and actively spamming us), it's because they personally target him over there, with fake accounts under his name, posting really fucked up stuff, etc.

Dude pays for a dedicated server (not cheap shared hosting), pays every year for a legitimate license for IPB and CHATMM (not pirated), puts in tons of time keeping the software up to date, fighting spammers, approving new accounts, etc, etc... for over a decade now... and still gets shit on by strangers who don't like how he runs things.

Guest hahathhat

Dude pays for a dedicated server (not cheap shared hosting), pays every year for a legitimate license for IPB and CHATMM (not pirated), puts in tons of time keeping the software up to date, fighting spammers, approving new accounts, etc, etc... for over a decade now... and still gets shit on by strangers who don't like how he runs things.

so why bother?

so why bother?

It's a good question, right? Personally, I'm glad he does, though, this place is still my favorite forum of all time, since '98.

If you're wondering why Joyrex is not feeling super friendly about this stuff (aside from them copying our site and actively spamming us), it's because they personally target him over there, with fake accounts under his name, posting really fucked up stuff, etc.

i think a lot of people don't realise how much work is involved in keeping a forum exploit-free, considering new fucking exploits are discovered and publicised every week. more an indictment of PHP or IPB et al. than anything else.

Dude pays for a dedicated server (not cheap shared hosting), pays every year for a legitimate license for IPB and CHATMM (not pirated

Yes, but you forget to mention all the benefits that he gets from doing these things. It's not like he doesn't get some perks out of it.

My understanding is that he's gained a rapport with elite artists owing solely to this site, not because he makes music or whatever else might normally get you in "the circle."

And then there's his "iron fist funtime." One read through his message above and it's clear he has some power syndrome. If it weren't for him being able to lord it over people in this site, who knows how that might manifest itself in the real world...

Yes, but you forget to mention all the benefits that he gets from doing these things. It's not like he doesn't get some perks out of it.

Haha, I think you strongly overestimate the benefits.

Guest sirch

I thought Wake was a chubby ugly girl but even then with that bias Wake seemed to be too desperate to be smart & funny than even the ugliest of female.

lol

plenty more Wake's in the sea (get it?)

Guest hahathhat

so why bother?

It's a good question, right? Personally, I'm glad he does, though, this place is still my favorite forum of all time, since '98.

i like it too. why are we fighting?

Oh Yea! That's another thing I don't like about that site.

"Joyrex is a pedophile lol!!!1". Wtf is that shit?

But still, I don't like this cold ban hammer joyrex we have right now. I miss the guy who made awful jokes and conversed with the rest of us.

Haha, I think you strongly overestimate the benefits.

Doesn't he get like, sneak previews of music from AFX and BoC (or did at one point)? News about their releases?

Again, this is all hearsay. I have no idea what's legit around here.

Guest sirch

Dude pays for a dedicated server (not cheap shared hosting), pays every year for a legitimate license for IPB and CHATMM (not pirated

My understanding is that he's gained a rapport with elite artists owing solely to this site, not because he makes music or whatever else might normally get you in "the circle."

And then there's his "iron fist funtime." One read through his message above and it's clear he has some power syndrome. If it weren't for him being able to lord it over people in this site, who knows how that might manifest itself in the real world...

Joyrex seems pretty alright to me! quite a chilled out, decent guy, considering what he has to deal/cope with here! *my 2 pence*

Joyrex seems pretty alright to me! quite a chilled out, decent guy, considering what he has to deal/cope with here! *my 2 pence*

Well, whatever. I just wanted to know what happened to Wake. I heard he created that site (that will remain unnamed).

And yes, I accept that this site is run by someone else who has their rules and I'll abide by them.

Thanks!

Jesus, we don't hate Joyrex. I like Joyrex, and I like this forum. I just don't like this Iron Fist Shit lately.

To me, joyrex was "That guy who runs that forum who's pretty laid back and has a Dad sense of humor".

Now he's "That administrator you should be weary of".

But maybe he's going for that :shrug:

maybe his kids are hitting their teenage years, and he's projecting his feelings onto the board.

It's more stuff like this post, really... why do you have to bring speculation about his family into it?

Archived