IGNORED

Deep Bass in Reason

Guest M83J01P97

Guest M83J01P97

I still quite a newbie at Reason, and I know there are better music programmes out there, but for now I like reason and want to stick with it for a while.

Anyway, the one thing I have a problem with is bass, I can't make any good bass it all just sounds flat and lame...

So can any kind people out there offer me any advice on making good bass? What I really want is some kind of really deep bass sound to start off a song.

Guest Salient

try using more than one synth, sorta the same concept behind the combinator in ver.3, for example get your bass sound and layer another sine bass underneath... or somthing.

Guest IdironBoomtracks

definately layer them when using reason - maybe just with a plain sub like the default in maelstrom, and you can use unison to give the bass sounds more presence (but turn detune off if you dont want that kinda modulated sound)... other than that, ive only just got reason 3.0 so im just trying to get the hang of it...

Guest saskrotch

the basic key to reason is to not use any of the patches it comes with

when i want a deep bass i just hit up a really low sinewave on the Mælstrom and eq it

Archived