IGNORED

Still no album

marf

Its all about watmm arguing over the definition of the word "tour"

Its kinda a shame that we had an artist that used to release multiple releases a year and thus has been pretty silent since 2007.

You think about something like Come to Daddy which came out in 1997 and Drukqs which came out in 2001. Do you really think he spent all the time after Come to Daddy working on Drukqs or did he feel compelled after Go Plastic to do something and threw some works in progress together with a few new songs?

I'd like to think Analord only took a few months to make, and he spent the rest of the time releasing it in slow motion. How else would he have been able to consistently release them but have the binder out ahead of time.

Its obvious Aphex is sitting on more then a few epic tracks (Manchester being one of them). I think he's just taking his time and slowly collecting some post Tuss/Analord tracks together, hoping eventually he will have enough of them to make an album.

I'm pretty sure he's taking the "being a dad" thing seriously and not locking himself in his vault for 20 hours a day anymore. This is probably also why he's mainly being doing 1-off shows to pay the bills, and he doesn't have to be away from his family for too long.

He's smart enough to know that he can pull in thousands of dollars from a DJ set, and probably won't get the same return from album sales given the state of piracy on the net. So why bother releasing? To please his fans that never seem content or can get enough of his work? So he has new stuff to play at DJ sets? He obviously is showing he doesn't care about either by releasing music under secret names like The Tuss and playing his unreleased music during DJ sets.

I'm certainly not holding my breath on this. As much as I'd like a new Aphex EP or LP I doubt anyone's demand for it will make any impact on his release schedule. Chances are Aphex most likely has been producing a bunch of sht music and doesn't need to release it. So why bother?

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just enjoy the music being put out today. there's a great new ceephax acid crew ep out, impakt is releasing an album, EOD is putting out great stuff, new kerrier district, Monolith album on Rephlex this year etc. I think it's a good time for electronic music in general.

There's no point in speculating. it'll come out eventually, since he has a new deal with Warp and all. Maybe some of you need to cool off :beer:

Guest hahathhat

well, he could have the courtesy to say as much, rather than dicking people around, and telling steve beckett an album was coming, when it wasn't.

I think that given modern technology there should be some easy way to generate new material given file input of all his old material. This would make everyone happy. Richard wouldn't have to go cater to the masses and we would all get something new.

Guest hahathhat

so you've been out of weed for a week or two, and you're at that point where you've forgotten you're out of weed. the nugsmith calls, and tells you he finally has stock. you get ready to go out for a run. as you're about to step out the door, he calls you again, and tells you never mind, he just smoked it all himself.

:aphexsign:

well, he could have the courtesy to say as much, rather than dicking people around, and telling steve beckett an album was coming, when it wasn't.

Steven (my name) when shortened becomes Steve. Michael becomes Mike, Andrew is Andy, Hahathhat is......mmm Hatha,

Richard? Well here in England we call somebody who goes by name of Richard as Dick lol. So Mr Aphex Twin can't help but dick people around because Dick by name, dick by nature.

Know what I mean Jellybean?

we do the dick thing here (usa) too. We have no choice but to solve the economic business model of music sales in order to get more aphex music

Guest hahathhat

Steven (my name) when shortened becomes Steve. Michael becomes Mike, Andrew is Andy, Hahathhat is......mmm Hatha,

Richard? Well here in England we call somebody who goes by name of Richard as Dick lol. So Mr Aphex Twin can't help but dick people around because Dick by name, dick by nature.

Know what I mean Jellybean?

Is your last name Beckett?

In any cause, if his game is to dick me off and giggle about, I'm done

I'm pretty sure he's taking the "being a dad" thing seriously and not locking himself in his vault for 20 hours a day anymore. This is probably also why he's mainly being doing 1-off shows to pay the bills, and he doesn't have to be away from his family for too long.

Hehe I doubt he needs to do shows to pay bills, the guy would have well over a million. Also he apperently seperated from his wife and according to Vibert has moved to a house in a filed of nowhere in Cornwall and is working on the Warp release, got 6 tracks finished! :aphexsign:

Guest sirch

Hehe I doubt he needs to do shows to pay bills, the guy would have well over a million. Also he apperently seperated from his wife and according to Vibert has moved to a house in a filed of nowhere in Cornwall and is working on the Warp release, got 6 tracks finished! :aphexsign:

only 6 tracks!?? not 6 albums?????? lol

he got divorced after one year. there was a spanish article about it in this subforum which was removed pretty quick. I have no idea if it was valid so.

I think he's probably gone right off on one...that bird's bent his head all over the place. divorce ain't no easy ride that's for sure...shame there's a kid involved, but maybe he/she's too young to be that badly affected. anyway, sure he'll be alright eventually and give us more musics and stuff.

Chin up Richard! We still love you!

Your fans will be with you forever mate. That's why it hurts us when you seem to dick us around.

Love

Beer Wolf

xxx

Guest fromheaven

Maybe its because he simply dont have any music worth releasing ?

I remember way back an interview with David Bowie, around his Berlin triology ( 1977-78), that he got at least 3 or 4 finished albums ready to release. They were ofcourse never released because it was only bragging from Bowie's side. EMI had even a hard time in 1991 to just find a couple af tracks to include as bonus-track when his CDs was re-released.

When you listen to Aphex Twins various shows its only the old tracks there stands out , more or less "all" the new ones are utterly boring.

Since Analord : "In The Maze Park" : the only great track from AFX .

Now you are all welcome to rip me to pieces :-)

Hah because of only 2 posts all you say is lame now ?

That's a good point of view, he may have some nice stuff since 2007 surely but nothing with enough plume to be released as Aphex Twin anymore. Average vstish "IDM", manchester track is good but doesn't even surpass Wisp (with respect to Wisp but I find his stuff digitally tasteless)

However without too much hope I still ask to be surprised...

Let's be ripped in pieces both heh

Guest ruiagnelo

I remember way back an interview with David Bowie, around his Berlin triology ( 1977-78), that he got at least 3 or 4 finished albums ready to release. They were ofcourse never released because it was only bragging from Bowie's side. EMI had even a hard time in 1991 to just find a couple af tracks to include as bonus-track when his CDs was re-released.

When you listen to Aphex Twins various shows its only the old tracks there stands out , more or less "all" the new ones are utterly boring.

Guest sirch

When you listen to Aphex Twin's various shows its only the old tracks there stands out , more or less "all" the new ones are utterly boring.

it made sense to me!

and just goes to show how anal and wanky some people here can be...

Archived