IGNORED

Machinedrum - Room(s)

cear

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very different than his old stuff but this has grown on me a lot. Very inventive, a good introduction to quality juke if you can call it that, and I dare say his best album in years.

Guest blakeboogie

Very different than his old stuff but this has grown on me a lot. Very inventive, a good introduction to quality juke if you can call it that, and I dare say his best album in years.

What other albums of his are worth getting? This is my first Machinedrum LP.

His earlier albums aren't similar to this one. They are a more glitchy hip-hop sort of affair. I stopped following his stuff after Bidnezz. His albums as Tstewart and Syndrone on Merck are more glitchy IDM type stuff.

this is the singular first Machinedrum album (not counting his under Syndrone) that i've been able to really get into. I completely agree with the assessment that this is very different style for him.

I think even his mixing/engineering abilities have vastly improved this time around, the way the basslines and bass drums interact with eachother is very nice. In some ways it kind of reminds me of that tasty compression style Funckarma uses

edit: i will make one negative comment though that his last LP was very boring compared to his, it seemed very much indebted to 2nd wave wonky, where as this is a beast of it's own. It's juke influenced but its far better sounding than any juke i've ever heard, at least it's not at 128kbps on the cd!

His debut Now You Know is my favorite. Sounds similar to a lot of the early Merck stuff but a very good album.

2nd track is my favorite, after listening to the whole thing about 4 times all the way through my only complaint is too much auto-tune. I do like all the popish vocal samples but i'd much prefer another form of pitch manipulation like Melodyne, otherwise there are too many moments on this album that do sound Burial biting, which is fine i mean i personally like this album better than anything Burial has done

2nd track is my favorite, after listening to the whole thing about 4 times all the way through my only complaint is too much auto-tune. I do like all the popish vocal samples but i'd much prefer another form of pitch manipulation like Melodyne, otherwise there are too many moments on this album that do sound Burial biting, which is fine i mean i personally like this album better than anything Burial has done

Second track is my favorite too, what a great track. And yeah, the autotune is my main caveat as well, GBYE is the only track I don't like because of it.

Guest Enter a new display name

Second track is my favorite too, what a great track. And yeah, the autotune is my main caveat as well, GBYE is the only track I don't like because of it.

I third the greatness of the second track!

I third the greatness of the second track!

and i fourth it.

NOW YOU KNOW THE DEAL NOW YOU KNOW THE DEAL NOW YOU KNOW THE DEAL NOW YOU KNOW THE DEAL

FOR REAL FOR REAL FOR REAL FOR REAL

so catchy

thanks mr. travis

md1_071111.jpg

omg.

looks like Napoleon Dynamite's hipster half-brother! or cousin, or a relation not actually in that film...

this guy is one bad-ass geek!

personally I think GYBE is the best rave music since early Prodigy

That's the best track in the album, can't stop listening to it.

so catchy

thanks mr. travis

md1_071111.jpg

TFuWV.gif

ceephax + harry potter + justice

hell of a cocktail

:ok:

Archived