IGNORED

Machinedrum - Room(s)

cear

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*moustache and wolves pop in head as flashes gated by the kick drum of "Lay Me Down"*

*seizes*

oh my. those portraits ARE a bit unfortunate.

i think this thing sounds pretty old-skool-Machinedrum actually! lots of harmonic echoes from his first albums. i thought he'd lost me with his post-Merck stuff but this is pretty fresh.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nene multiple assgasms

I didn't realize how much this album and the africa hitech album were influenced by footwork. I had heard a little footwork, but recently got that bangs & works compilation on planet mu. I like how hypnotic and disorienting it can be; I feel kind of late to the party considering how long the style has been around.

Someone on the internet Sacred Frequency:

Surely "Sacred Frequency" is just a speeded-up version of "1969" by Boards Of Canada with a few extra beats. Is that legal?

I don't hear it, who does?

right?

Guest nene multiple assgasms

I've gotten into the original footwork stuff lately. there are some real gems. I do have to admit that overall machinedrum's stuff goes down a lot smoother.

does Ramadanman's Work Them count as original footwurk?

No. More influenced by Baltimore stuff, verrrrrry little to do with footwork in my opinion. Check some DJ Tamiel or something, reminds me much more of that kinda style.

What a grower! Went from being pretty meh about this album to absolutely loving it. His best since his debut album I think.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived