IGNORED

Machinedrum - Room(s)

cear

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...

got this on vinyl today. sounds massive.

now u know the deal 4 real is a v important track.

still my favorite album of the 2010s (along with TROG, Nu, R + 7, Syro and a few others)

^ i know i'll get hate for that

still my favorite album of the 2010s (along with TROG, Nu, R + 7 [lol no], Syro and a few others)

d-lo coming correct here, no surprise. 

this record, it is good as hell. 

This is the album that taught me that when U are down on the streets, U really don't survive at all. 

Plus it's cool because it's one of those album that I listened to millions of times several years ago, but haven't for a while, so it has the time machine effect when I hear it. 

still my favorite album of the 2010s (along with TROG, Nu, R + 7, Syro and a few others)

I don't know what Nu is but +1 for TRoG any day of the week. I can't believe that hasn't inspired 999 ripoffs yet... I guess that's still to come.

• 7 months later...

This is the album that taught me that when U are down on the streets, U really don't survive at all.

Plus it's cool because it's one of those album that I listened to millions of times several years ago, but haven't for a while, so it has the time machine effect when I hear it.

For sure, this. This album was super important to me at the time.

I have to try to pretend I dont know about the douche-chills of later machinedrum to enjoy it now though. Sepalcure's 1st is also very much good, basically Room(s) v. 2

And yeah d.lo, this album is amaaaaazing on vinyl & hifis. This was the shit that made me appreciate what my inherited 60s sound system could do. The clean bass that goes from mids to subs on some tracks is A++

Yep this album is very deece. Along with the sacred frequency ep.

Still not heard r+7.

If it is as good as replica then i should probably get it.

Yep this album is very deece. Along with the sacred frequency ep.

Still not heard r+7.

If it is as good as replica then i should probably get it.

To each their own on the OPN albums. R+7 is good, but it is very much a tribute to library music, so it doesnt feel as singular as Replica to me. The nature of Replica being mostly improvised in the studio with found sound on an SP-303 makes it so unique, and so full of energy in its own weird way. (RBMA lecture from OPN has him talking about this process if youre curious.)

GoD has also gotten a lot more plays than R+7 from me, but for a different reason

Archived