IGNORED

Flaming Lips - Gummy Skull

jules

Guest bitroast

ooh, did not know about this.

seems to be material along the same kind of lines as the neon indian tracks,

[youtubehd]R2mhqo2ZRIk[/youtubehd]

Really cool! I don't know if I could spend $150 on a novelty-sized gummy candy with a usb stick inside

HMM GOOD POINT

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Coalbucket PI

Can someone update me on the Flaming Lips. I liked them a lot but the last one I bought was At War With The Mystics. Since then I heard the album of Pink Floyd stuff which was shameful as I recall, and the Christmas On Mars tracks which were nothingy. How are the proper albums huh?

Guest bitroast

Embryonic (released 2009) was the album after At War With the Mystics.

It's a 2 Disc album of mostly noiser darker psychedelic tracks (

) and definitely worth checking out.

The Pink Floyd album is in similar style, but nothing exactly memorable. Christmas on Mars is nothing exactly memorable.

I can see the 2011 releases resulting in a compilation of sorts, which could be interesting. Until then, the releases are pretty messy : X

One of them has the complete "Soft Bulletin" done live. Well not live because the crowd is fake, but still really fun.

yea, that actually sounds pretty good imo. i totally agree about dark side, what they did to that is almost offensive to me.

the neon indian and prefuse collabs were real snoozefests. the gummy skull was interesting. i will check this out. i am curious about the panda collab but i can already pretty much hear exactly what it is going to sound like.

here is a new song with lightning bolt. the video is insane. the song is god awful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOUtDxIoKB0&feature=player_embedded

yeah, the vocals are annoying as all getout. and it's a shame—it sounds like chippendale's drumming has been buried in the song, and gibson's bass is absent for all intents and purposes. maybe the rest of the ep is better?

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Coalbucket PI

Why do some have vaginas and some not?

LOL yeah I was just looking at google images of the gummy skull and noticed one of someone jabbing his digit into a big pink vagina on top of it, I came in here to check if that was on the photos Jules posted because I thought I would have noticed something like that

• 5 weeks later...

i must be a moron, i can not find a decent copy of this. when i go to unlock all the rar files, i run into problems. im dying to hear the 6 hour track. is it worth really tracking down? is there a way to buy this?

Archived