Plaid - Now Playing...

magdog

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The probably best remix ever. Of anything. 2:53, when their melody replaces her voice completely, it's when I tear up because it is IMO their most genious moment, it's hypnotic. Bjork is in the background for like 30 seconds, a super long reverb tail or maybe granular processing...

Different, but also incredibly good. Kinda underrated. My 2nd favourite Plaid/Björk track.

Edited by WurstPLUS

• 7 months later...

First post...be gentle.

There's one remix on the Tim Hutton: 'Colours' 12 inch that, by nature of its plaintive and haunting vibe, i always believed was one of Plaid's best remixes and that the listing on the record was incorrect. According to Youtube tho the Plaid remix isn't the one i love most on this record. Youtubes of this actual Plaid remix sound much more like what you might call a typical Plaid remix... I think the one i want to know more about and have always loved is by Draven Tanks whose only other listed release was on an idm comp - also from 2001.

Anyone know and love this tune like i do or know anything about Draven Tanks?

• Burger 1

On 10/21/2021 at 10:52 AM, raljax said:

First post...be gentle.

There's one remix on the Tim Hutton: 'Colours' 12 inch that, by nature of its plaintive and haunting vibe, i always believed was one of Plaid's best remixes and that the listing on the record was incorrect. According to Youtube tho the Plaid remix isn't the one i love most on this record. Youtubes of this actual Plaid remix sound much more like what you might call a typical Plaid remix... I think the one i want to know more about and have always loved is by Draven Tanks whose only other listed release was on an idm comp - also from 2001.

Anyone know and love this tune like i do or know anything about Draven Tanks?

Well I probably don't know those remixes - Your posting confuses me, so you like the following one (which is not the typical Plaid stuff imo)? URLs help...

• 2 weeks later...

YES it was confusing. I always assumed the remix on the record i liked most was the Plaid one but it's one of the other two remixes that is the winner imo. Can't find vids of either of those to post and e.g. i asked for info way back on Little Detroit about the other remixers but to no avail so am just fishing. Ta for response.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...