IGNORED

Plaid - Now Playing...

magdog

Guest bitroast

Spokes is growing on me like nothing else. I liked it, but only recently have been growing addicted to it.

I feel as though I've constantly got Even Spring stuck in my head.

[youtubehd]txJu2Ug86IU[/youtubehd]

Guest sirch

Spokes is growing on me like nothing else. I liked it, but only recently have been growing addicted to it.

I feel as though I've constantly got Even Spring stuck in my head.

[youtubehd]txJu2Ug86IU[/youtubehd]

love this track, the way it starts then changes completely into that computergame-esque pinball landscape.

love that guys voice, too. is it Luca? my memory aint what it used to be. great singer tho. and i love the stuff he's done with Leila Arab aswell.

Guest sirch

Ilasas.

Don't listen to this track enough due to it being tucked away on the "We Are Reasonable People" compilation.

Would be nice to see what Plaid tracks other folk are listening to on the board.

love Ilasas too mate... true it gets forgotten about more than it should cos it's on that comp. wicked track tho. cool beats and a cheeky melody, quite a lot like the melody lines in some of their Black Dog stuff.. in style, if you know what i mean.

also, good idea for a new thread!

Ilasas.

Don't listen to this track enough due to it being tucked away on the "We Are Reasonable People" compilation.

Would be nice to see what Plaid tracks other folk are listening to on the board.

love Ilasas too mate... true it gets forgotten about more than it should cos it's on that comp. wicked track tho. cool beats and a cheeky melody, quite a lot like the melody lines in some of their Black Dog stuff.. in style, if you know what i mean.

also, good idea for a new thread!

S'right mate.. i keep forgetting about Ilasas even tho it's one of their best tracks! (imo). Mmmm, i do know what you mean, Ilasas is full of that otherworldly Black Dog techno vibe as you were saying... the kind of style i still crave for :)

Guest sirch

What exactly does "the birdy song of IDM" mean?

Squance is amazing.

in England and the UK there's this silly old party song called "the birdy song".. lol, .. and it's just a bit of a joke track that gets played at children's parties and old 70's/80's disco's. it goes 'na-na-na-na-na-na-na, na-na-na-na-na-na-na, na-na-na-na, der-der-der-der'... :)

i agree Squance is a great track. and Plaid can write (still), and have written, better melodies than anybody else in the 'IDM circuit'.. imho. them and Aphex.

the melodies and emotion are seriously lacking in later and present day Black Dog stuff.. and i haven't heard ae write a decent melody in years that i can think of off the top of my head... it's all burried underneath their machine-funk-junk, if there at all anymore.

Guest sirch

suggest/send me some AE please!

you could do an AE channel aswell ! hehe :)

Ae have always been a bit hit 'n miss for me. i like a lot of their stuff, but i also think a lot of it is utter shite.

..and i can't stand all those uber Ae fanboi's, either! they make me hate Ae and everything 'IDM', if you know what i mean..

Guest sirch

does anyone know what the green rack-looking thing is behind Andy's leg and the Crumar Spirit synth?

it looks like some sort of drumsynth/synth module.... i'm interested to know what it is..