IGNORED

'future-retro' art

baph

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

didn't baph make a thread like this maybs three months ago? i think he did. someone should find it. but i'm lazy :facepalm:

really? damn, i'll have a look see if i can find it. if it's entirely pertinent to what i'm after, thanks muchly

edit: you're a fucking genius, nice one thread

Artist Rick Guidice did some nice conceptual artwork for NASA back in the '70s depicting space colonies of the future. These are some of my favorites. I downloaded them a while back because I'm going to try to print out the hi-res versions for display in my home. :)

AC75-2621f.jpeg

AC75-1086-1f.jpeg

AC75-1086f.jpeg

AC75-1085f.jpeg

AC78-0330-4f.jpeg

AC76-0525f.jpeg

Full Archive

goddammit, we absolutely had this thread a year or less ago. and i posted the art of scott anderson last time too.

1197305183.jpeg

1298741126.jpeg

1187204223.jpeg

1240326382.jpeg

SCOTT-ANDERSON-ART-2.jpg

17_2.Bunkroweb.jpg

it's worth mentioning that the dystopian retro-futurism aesthetic is more of a point of origin rather than destination in this guy's work—just a very visually enriched jump-off point for otherwise-surreal works.

every picture in this thread (and the one baph started) is amazing. thank you everyone for posting stuff!

Artist Rick Guidice did some nice conceptual artwork for NASA back in the '70s depicting space colonies of the future. These are some of my favorites. I downloaded them a while back because I'm going to try to print out the hi-res versions for display in my home. :)

AC75-2621f.jpeg

that's the one i was talking about! massive circular construct thing :emotawesomepm9:

Peter-Elson.jpg

that one is incredible. seems to be a giant black hole, but looking deeper it may be a planet. i love how it contrasts with the orange sky and the ship.

Ummm maybe similar to the eye of jupiter?

els03.jpg

this shit is incredible

Definitely reminiscent of a scene from "Ringworld"

Awesome stuff though.

Guest Malverde

Roger Dean, has more of a fantasy feel, definitely a similar atmosphere.

dean-flights-of-icarus-cover.jpg

4570175503_333ddc93c8.jpg

i_dean4.jpg

i_dean2.jpg

roger-dean-shadowofthebeast2.jpg

dean_450.jpg

yesyears.jpg

roger-dean1.jpg

He did a lot of 1970s album art

• 5 months later...

Archived