IGNORED

Help test my mumu/listening room type website

zazen

I've been building a chatroom/listening room type app (if you've used Mumu player or Listening Room you know the kind of thing)

Its at an early stage of development but I'd like to ask watmm to pile into a room and test it out:

edit: back online with new features

http://46.137.84.92/Room/watmm

Let me know how its going via pm or in this thread. Or in the room, cos I'll probably be in there.

Enjoy!

Edit: Feature requests so far:

volume control

- yep have plans to add that - edit: done

way to vote tracks off of the playlist

- plan to add that feature soon - edit: done

At the moment only mp3s can be uploaded

- maybe other formats coming later - edit: m4a now supported

Firefox4 didn't work for thefuzz, but did work for zeus

- not sure why. will look into it - edit: think that might be fixed

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i propose some sort of leader free system with a kick/ban requiring at least three+ users mutually voting a kick/ban on a specific user

(if that sounds feasible)

i propose some sort of leader free system with a kick/ban requiring at least three+ users mutually voting a kick/ban on a specific user

yeah I'm thinking along those lines, something democratic.

wheres the volume slider? how to change order of tracks? how to mute your self ?

there will be a volume slider eventually. and an option to mute the current track probably.

but maybe not track re-ordering

but there will be a way of getting rid of duff tracks

Guest AcrossCanyons

this. definitely not one leader (ala mumu). people power trip.

Thanks for visiting, everyone. We had the room going for 3 hours or so and not too many problems.

I'm turning the server off for a bit, but it should be back on tomorrow

Cheers

I have not tried out this site yet but here are some thing wrong with MUMU that should be addressed with any new syncing site.

suggestions:

Make the room creator the only person who can delete all files, and everyone else can delete their own if they want but no one elses. If the room has a fair creator then it will be good thing in the long run.

Mumuplayer is very glitchy and skips throughout the playlist when room members change the playlist after their songs have been uploaded. Do the tracks flow from one to the next instead of jumping around sometimes like they do on MUMU? If so, make it to where the tracks play in order, even when people change the track order.

There are connection problems on MUMU a lot, is the connectivity within this site more powerful/stable? This should be fixed because I and others have either not been able to log on to MUMU sometimes or lose connections and have to reopen the mumu room.

end of suggestion for now....excited to see this when it is fully operational!

Archived