IGNORED

Stand-up Comedy Thread

thehauntingsoul

Richard Pryor is still tops with me. Can't find a suitable video on You-tube to post here. For some reason there just isn't a lot of this guy there...

I love Richard Pryor. but by this stage people should know who he is, if theyre in anyway interested in comedy.

I'd be like introducing Mozart to people who consider their-selves interested in music.

Guest bitroast

i also really like mitch hedberg .

i remember hearing Stragetic Grill Locations playing at a friends place a few years back and absolutely fell in love with it.

his humour + the simple bass noodling is gold.

I like him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiFq_nk8pE0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6C_HjWr3Nk

All that's left of Standup-Comedy in Germany is a rotting carcass of what used to be a place for talented people. Now, we got these:

willkommen_bei_mario_barth_.jpg

^ ripping off his own man-vs-woman-jokes since 8 years (also being Germany's most successful comedian)

cindyuf1j.jpg

^ proved on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire celebrity special that she had never heard of Monty Python. Says it all imo.

buelent-ceylan-ganz-schoen-turbuelent1.jpg

^ trying to emulate what Kaya Yanar did and what was mildly funny ten years ago. Also constantly blabbering about the Metal thing and his Hessian roots. I'm convinced he's on anti depressants.

Here's a clip I recorded from an actual German TV show.

SERIOUSLY LOOK HOW UNFUNNY THIS IS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1S-PX-YbfY

:facepalm:

i don't really understand the chappelle love.

Its hard to explain...Chappelle isn't the funniest man that ever lived, nor even the funniest standup. I think I enjoy him most because he sounds like "one of the guys", a friend that you just shit around and drop nonsense jokes about how white i am and how black/chinese/cyrulean he is while drinking a cold one after work.

i also love his mannerisms, like slapping the knee with the mic everytime he tickles himself.

also, paul mooney can say some funny ass shit now and then, but most of the time he is dreadfully boring...and it pisses me off that others just conveniently say to me that I don't "get it" because Im not black.

There has to be some black folk out there that think Mooney's standup is very weak.

• 9 years later...

sometimes the andy kaufman influence comes through in tim heidecker stuff. this set is masterful at times and some wicked inside joke trolling vibes.  patience is rewarded. when he gets to the stuff about the 9-5 life and day trading.. 

• Like 2