IGNORED

Church of Scientolol

lumpenprol

What kinda job is this? Some flyers, video ... ?

I understand your moral concerns and I'd be having the same. But you could see this as an opportunity to sabotage the work subtly so they won't notice but other people will and you still get paid. You could make some design that puts people off like generally unpleasant color schemes or whatever. Or: make a REAL ugly design they won't use but they're gonna have to pay for your working hours anyway, right? I'd say either find a way of trolling and get your money or refuse. But don't troll too obviously (e.g. Anonymous mask in the artwork) or they might end up following you around and spreading rumors.

I've seen that one and I thought it was satire. It's ridiculous. "That does it, I'm angry, right here, right now, buddy." What the fuck?

edit: this thread really should be moved or deleted soon, you'd be surprised what they're able to dig up. They might end up linking it to you. Don't know about archiving, will it still be available somewhere?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the church of christianity or any other mainstream church have way more fucked up shit under their names, yet i doubt a thread like that would be made if you were offered a job from some christian organization. current internet hype-antagonism against them is a wrong reason for refusing a job.

Guest Space Coyote

I understand your moral concerns and I'd be having the same. But you could see this as an opportunity to sabotage the work subtly so they won't notice but other people will and you still get paid. You could make some design that puts people off like generally unpleasant color schemes or whatever. Or: make a REAL ugly design they won't use but they're gonna have to pay for your working hours anyway, right? I'd say either find a way of trolling and get your money or refuse. But don't troll too obviously (e.g. Anonymous mask in the artwork) or they might end up following you around and spreading rumors.

edit: this thread really should be moved or deleted soon, you'd be surprised what they're able to dig up. They might end up linking it to you. Don't know about archiving, will it still be available somewhere?

Some of this post seems like the best suggestion so far. It would be interesting to find out for sure but my guess would be that scientology doesn't have enough influence in China for anything bad to happen as a result of messing with them.

That said, I wonder what has led them to lumpenprol's company and/or China to get this work done?

Guest disparaissant

the church of christianity or any other mainstream church have way more fucked up shit under their names, yet i doubt a thread like that would be made if you were offered a job from some christian organization. current internet hype-antagonism against them is a wrong reason for refusing a job.

whoa i actually agree with eugene on something :D

are they a fucked up organization? sure! but so are a lot of corporations. i don't think there are many clients of that size that don't have blood on their hands in some way or another.

may as well take their money and spend it on drugs and toys for orphans and puppies.

On second thought, yes, I will judge. These idiots are dangerous and I don't believe one should have anything to do with them.

"Somebody some day will say ‘this is illegal.’ By then be sure the orgs [scientology organizations] say what is legal or not."

- L. Ron Hubbard, Hubbard Communications Office Policy Letter, 4 January 1966, "LRH Relationship to Orgs"

-----

"ENEMY SP Order. Fair game. May be deprived of property or injured by any means by any Scientologist without any discipline of the Scientologist. May be tricked, sued or lied to or destroyed."

- L. Ron Hubbard, Hubbard Communications Office Policy Letter, 18 October 1967

[sP = Suppressive Person a.k.a. critic of Scientology]

-----

"The practice of declaring people FAIR GAME will cease. FAIR GAME may not appear on any Ethics Order. It causes bad public relations.

This P/L does not cancel any policy on the treatment or handling of an SP."

- L. Ron Hubbard, Hubbard Communications Office Policy Letter, 21 October 1968,

"Cancellation of Fair Game"

-----

"A truly Suppressive Person or group has no rights of any kind and actions taken against them are not punishable."

- L. Ron Hubbard, Hubbard Communications Office Policy Letter, 1 March 1965, HCO (Division 1) "Ethics, Suppressive Acts, Suppression of Scientology and Scientologists"

-----

"When you move off a point of power, pay all your obligations on the nail, empower all your friends completely and move off with your pockets full of artillery, potential blackmail on every erstwhile rival, unlimited funds in your private account and the addresses of experienced assassins and go live in Bulgravia [sic] and bribe the police."

- L. Ron Hubbard, Hubbard Communications Office Policy Letter, 12 February 1967, "The Responsibilities of Leaders"

-----

"Having viewed slum clearance projects in most major cities of the world may I state that you have conceived and created in the Johannesburg townships what is probably the most impressive and adequate resettlement activity in existence."

- L. Ron Hubbard in a letter to H.F. Verwoerd (widely considered to be the architect of South Africa’s apartheid system) dated November 7, 1960, reprinted in K.T.C. Kotzé, INQUIRY INTO THE EFFECTS AND PRACTICES OF SCIENTOLOGY, p. 59, Pretoria 1973

-----

"In any event, any person from 2.0 down on the Tone Scale should not have, in any thinking society, any civil rights of any kind, because by abusing those rights he brings into being arduous and strenuous laws which are oppressive to those who need no such restraints."

- L. Ron Hubbard, SCIENCE OF SURVIVAL, 1989 Ed., p. 145 [The "Tone Scale" is Scientology’s measure of mental and spiritual health.]

-----

"There are only two answers for the handling of people from 2.0 down on the Tone Scale, neither one of which has anything to do with reasoning with them or listening to their justification of their acts. The first is to raise them on the Tone Scale by un-enturbulating some of their theta by any one of the three valid processes. The other is to dispose of them quietly and without sorrow."

- L. Ron Hubbard, SCIENCE OF SURVIVAL, p. 170

-----

"The sudden and abrupt deletion of all individuals occupying the lower bands of the Tone Scale from the social order would result in an almost instant rise in the cultural tone and would interrupt the dwindling spiral into which any society may have entered."

- L. Ron Hubbard, SCIENCE OF SURVIVAL, p. 170

-----

"A Venezuelan dictator once decided to stop leprosy. He saw that most lepers in his country were also beggars. By the simple expedient of collecting and destroying all the beggars in Venezuela an end was put to leprosy in that country."

- L. Ron Hubbard, SCIENCE OF SURVIVAL, p. 171

-----

"Unfortunately, it is all too often true that suppressors to a creative action must be removed before construction and creation takes place. Any person very high on the Tone Scale may level destruction toward a suppressor."

- L. Ron Hubbard, SCIENCE OF SURVIVAL, p. 159

-----

"Show me any person who is critical of us and I’ll show you crimes and intended crimes that would stand a magistrate’s hair on end."

- L. Ron Hubbard, Hubbard Communications Office Bulletin, 4 April 1965

------

"Now, get this as a technical fact, not a hopeful idea. Every time we have investigated the background of a critic of Scientology, we have found crimes for which that person or group could be imprisoned under existing law. We do not find critics of Scientology who do not have criminal pasts."

- L. Ron Hubbard, Hubbard Communications Office Bulletin, 5 November 1967, "Critics of Scientology"

-----

"This [scientology] is useful knowledge. With it the blind again see, the lame walk, the ill recover, the insane become sane and the sane become saner. By its use the thousand abilities Man has sought to recover become his once more."

- L. Ron Hubbard, SCIENTOLOGY: A HISTORY OF MAN, 1952

-----

"We're playing for blood, the stake is EARTH."

- L. Ron Hubbard, Hubbard Communications Office Policy Letter, 7 November 1962

-----

"When somebody enrols, consider he or she has joined up for the duration of the universe - never permit an ‘open-minded’ approach… If they enrolled, they’re aboard, and if they’re aboard they’re here on the same terms as the rest of us - win or die in the attempt. Never let them be half minded about being Scientologists… When Mrs. Pattycake comes to us to be taught, turn that wandering doubt in her eye into a fixed, dedicated glare… The proper instruction attitude is, ‘We'd rather have you dead than incapable.’"

- L. Ron Hubbard, KEEPING SCIENTOLOGY WORKING, 7 February 1965, reissued 27 August 1980

-----

"Advanced Courses [in Scientology] are the most valuable service on the planet. Life insurance, houses, cars, stocks, bonds, college savings, all are transitory and impermanent… There is nothing to compare with Advanced Courses. They are infinitely valuable and transcend time itself."

- L. Ron Hubbard speaking of his Operating Thetan Courses, Flag Mission Order 375

-----

"The alleviation of the condition of insanity has also been accomplished now…"

- L. Ron Hubbard, Hubbard Communications Office Bulletin, November 1970, "Psychosis"

-----

"There is no more ethical group on this planet than ourselves."

- L. Ron Hubbard, KEEPING SCIENTOLOGY WORKING. 7 February 1965, reissued 27 August 1980

-----

"Our organizations are friendly. They are only here to help you."

- L. Ron Hubbard, "Dianetic Contract" 23 May 1969

-----

"MAKE MONEY. MAKE MORE MONEY. MAKE OTHER PEOPLE PRODUCE SO AS TO MAKE MORE MONEY."

- L. Ron Hubbard, Hubbard Communications Office Policy Letter, 9 March 1972, MS OEC 384

-----

are they a fucked up organization? sure! but so are a lot of corporations. i don't think there are many clients of that size that don't have blood on their hands in some way or another.

may as well take their money and spend it on drugs and toys for orphans and puppies.

I dont see any Scientology inspired music or art....

Beck doesnt count.

Guest disparaissant

I dont see any Scientology inspired music or art....

Beck doesnt count.

Oh you silly, silly man-animal.

forest_whitaker_battlefield_earth_001.jpg

Guest Z_B_Z

i wouldnt. hubbard was a sadistic and paranoid opportunist, and miscavige is like a dumber albeit more outwardly sadistic version of him.

in any case, a deeply corrupt, manipulative, and abusive organization.

Whatever you decide to do, I would say be cautious. They have a pretty strong history of litigation and dirty tricks. If you do decide to do it, make sure you read anything you have to sign very carefully. Maybe even get a lawyer to look it over. Be prepared for invitations for auditing and I'm fairly certain that you would indeed be data based. It seems like they are part corporation, religion and intelligence agency. This is a huge business, they are very methodical and do a lot of information gathering. Definitely seems there are risks associated with this. Someone else here made mention that they had probably read this by now and I wouldn't be surprised if that was true, they have a pretty strong presence on the net.

I wouldn't judge you one way or the other, but be careful and think it over.

Somewhat related.

P.T. Anderson is making a movie called The Master, which is based on L. Ron Hubbard starting the religion. Philip Seymour Hoffman is starring. Should be a pretty kickass indictment of religion in general. Can't wait.

Guest Z_B_Z

i thought that that project had been called off. if we get a 'there will be blood' styled scientology film i will die happy. fucking awesome.

Somewhat related.

P.T. Anderson is making a movie called The Master, which is based on L. Ron Hubbard starting the religion. Philip Seymour Hoffman is starring. Should be a pretty kickass indictment of religion in general. Can't wait.

Getting Tom Cruise to make a cameo would be coup de grace...

i wouldnt. hubbard was a sadistic and paranoid opportunist, and miscavige is like a dumber albeit more outwardly sadistic version of him.

in any case, a deeply corrupt, manipulative, and abusive organization.

Actually I agree with this. I'm going to decline, politely. I've read quite a bit about them over the years, and they really do disgust me. I think saying "every religion/big organization has blood on its hands" is a bit of a cop out. You do what you can.

Archived