lumpenprol

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Calx Sherbet

Maybe I should just send the guy back a two-word reply: "Lisa McPherson"

do it. i'm not kidding.

send it from the address of someone you hate for bonus points

I think saying "every religion/big organization has blood on its hands" is a bit of a cop out. You do what you can.

i think it's the opposite of a cop out.

i was only against internet hype influencing your decisions, but it seems like you got your reasons well sorted, so it's cool.

• 9 months later...

I can't believe I never noticed this thread. I was contacted by somebody from the Church of Scientology for freelance motion graphic design work. Based on your and my jobs, Lumpenprol, I deduce scientologists to be terrible artists and designers. Except Beck.

i sometimes wonder how scientology is still going seeing as you can read all of the "secret" stuff only the high-level people are supposed to know on-line... surely it makes the whole level system (ie the business model) redundant now?

I can't believe I never noticed this thread. I was contacted by somebody from the Church of Scientology for freelance motion graphic design work. Based on your and my jobs, Lumpenprol, I deduce scientologists to be terrible artists and designers. Except Beck.

dunno, maybe it means they are good artists and designers, since at least they can spot quality :emotawesomepm9: .

i mean i only see it as an ethical problem if you get paid to do it and you're not allowed to talk about how ridiculous it was

So it doesn't bother you that they've directly or indirectly caused human deaths? I'm not singling you out, it's just I expected more of that line of thinking from the forum that gets outraged over pig slaughter in Korea. It's a genuine dilemma for me. As others have said, money is green and don't turn down a job if can't afford to. On the other hand, you're helping out a criminal cult.

I think I'm gonna find out more about the job, anyway...

I'm very dissapointed too. I couldnt believe the first page.

dunno, maybe it means they are good artists and designers, since at least they can spot quality :emotawesomepm9: .

Maybe its means they employ freelancers that cost less and that will probably take the job no matter what. And if they're small enough, they might even be screwed aka not paying them and getting dealt with etc...

• 7 years later...

Been tracking these two for a little while now, they seem to be having all fun and games, but I fear they are clueless youngsters who are going to bring down the wrath of Miscavige if they embarrass him / the church publicly.  They look maybe mid-20s in age, but imagine being stalked for basically the rest of your life; your wives, children, family, friends, coworkers could all be targeted, they might search your trash, put PI's on you 24/7 for decades, etc.  It gets ugly if you are targeted as a "suppressive person".

https://www.gofundme.com/f/infiltrating-scientology-series-finale-stunt?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link-tip&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet

Archived