IGNORED

I just heard Autechre in Top Gear

Guest Spittal

They also had the track "dead bodies" by AiR.

it has some relevance to my name because by fluke I jumped to BoC from seeing them ranked #1 on some website at the time..... must of been circa Trans Canada highway. I then hesitated with RDJ and then hesitated like ever before with AE, having been so hooked on the former each time. I managed to get one mate to go all the way with me but he's struggling with AE. Go figure. We both went to see them in Melb last year

The dude DJíng Top Gear is akin to what i'd spin at hostel full of backpacking European's : )

• 3 weeks later...

They also had the track "dead bodies" by AiR.

it has some relevance to my name because by fluke I jumped to BoC from seeing them ranked #1 on some website at the time..... must of been circa Trans Canada highway. I then hesitated with RDJ and then hesitated like ever before with AE, having been so hooked on the former each time. I managed to get one mate to go all the way with me but he's struggling with AE. Go figure. We both went to see them in Melb last year

you guys saw the melbourne gig and he's still on the fence? the flacs of that thing are incredible.

sydney was rockin too but i haven't seen any audio of that surface yet, and i'm not sure how similar it'd be in content (maybe less humorous chatter from random trippers....maybe)

Actually i was talking about my lysigic plans in the Australian AE tour thread and copped a bit of flack as in "you don't need drugs to appreciate music etc" My friend introduced me to acid, and we tripped a lot around the age of 24 to 26, but he got what he wanted with regards to spiritual development and refused to take acid or dmt because he was scared that it may change his current state of ideology. he has 2 businesses, one being a recording studio and i can understand him not wanting to compromise his mental state despite me saying that we haven't done it for a couple of years and THIS is the perfect time to trip. So i tripped and he didn't and that was that.

In my experience acid puts me into a trance and to be honest i didn't notice anyone, except when using the toilet, and after the gig meeting people. It was just me and Autechre. Also i think psychedelics makes one very inhibited, especially out in public with a shitload of people, which leads me to believe that there were more people tripping in trance mode at the Melbourne gig... just a theory, but i think that most of the vocal people's drug of choice for the gig (any gig anyfuckingwhere) would be alcohol, or MDMA, which would make the audience more louder and annoying. If everyone was tripping at a particular AE gig then i think it would sound like a studio album from all the silence of the state of meditation regarding the music. I don't remember anything apart from me and AE and the acid i took synergized this bond, hence my trance, my direct focus on the music, and not on anything else. Listening to the Melb flac now and i can hear a lot more noise from happy people. I guess i was in the zone and don't regret it, because it was one of the best nights i've spent in melbourne. The time just flew by, and since then i haven't tripped on anything, but like all trips i will remember them like it was yesterday.... too bad about my friend though.

I was already hooked on AE, where he wasn't, but if he had of joined me then he'd be into AE just as much as me right now. Anyway I don't care what other people think of AE. Ignorance is not bliss when it comes to obscured music. you have to find it, understand it and love it. you don't need drugs, but the right state of mind coupled with the right drug(s) and it makes it soooo much more easier to get to that state of pure divine love, or empathy for the music simply because of the perspective that you're mind processes the moment

• 8 years later...

Archived